Trusted Contributor

Re: How about the dog that walked into a Philadelphia home?

[ Edited ]

I am always amazed at the "magic" involved in stories like this one.  It took so many odd little things to line up for things to work out so wonderfully...and yet they did all line up at just the right moment.  

What are the odds that door would be left open - especially with a lady and baby upstairs?  What are the odds that dog in need walked by, found the open door and dared to enter an unknown enclosed environment?  What are the odds the neighbor came by at just the right moment - after the dog entered, but did not see the dog enter a house where it didn't belong?  What are the odds the neighbor would close the door they noticed was open (must have meant it was an unusual event and they wanted the neighbors inside to be safe)?  What are the odds the people who lived there would have such kind hearts to take the animal to the vet (likely at their cost) and get the care she needed rather than shoo her out the door?  What are the odds there would be no microchip on this specific dog?  What are the odds these people would open their hearts & home forever to a senior dog - especially with a baby in the home?  So much happened to make all these oddities come together with such a happy ending.  Call it what you want - destiny, magic, a miracle, a blessing, etc.  There are so many good kind people in the world.
Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Esteemed Contributor

@Havarti Beautifully written. It may have taken 9 years for this

dog to be loved and find a welcoming home.Heart

Honored Contributor

I am so sad and happy for Suzy. IMO people who save any animal are angels on earth. JMO

Suzy looks so happy now, God love her. And her new family.

Frequent Contributor

Love feel good stories like this.

Respected Contributor

Literally around the block from me and 2 blocks from a very busy intersection at a light that often has folks run the red light camera - the dog could’ve had a hundred other awful endings.
This is an amazing story.

But here in Fishtown the folks are really pretty good to each other and to animal kind. It makes living among the humans a boatload easier for an animal lover like myself.
I’m grateful to the owners
Respected Contributor

God bless little Suzy and the couple who have welcomed her into their family as a beloved member....Have a happy life little Suzy!

Respected Contributor

@Havarti  Beautiful post...