Honored Contributor

Re: How Much Should A Kitten Sleep?

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@Kachina624  @Tinkrbl44  Henry does seem very happy and content.  He runs around all over the house playing with his toys.  He and Frankie check each other out frequently.  I've gotten some good videos of them doing that.  I wish I could post them here.

@NickNack

It's such a relief when you see them settling in.  

The only question that comes to mind  .... is the baby gate adjustable?  At some point, Henry is going to get bigger and may not squeeze through the spaces.  

Of course, by then his jumping skills will have improved and he might be able to jump over it ... or won't need it.   

@Tinkrbl44  The baby gate is not adjustable.  I was thinking that if he still needs it I could buy one that has the cat door at the bottom  of it and have that installed instead.  I think I've seen those, but I may be wrong.  Hopefully, soon he just won't need it at all.

@Nicknack  I had baby gates with the little door at the bottom.  One of my full grown collies went through it.  She broke it but I still don't know how she did it.  I bet Frankie could squeeze through it.  I doubt you'll need the gate by then though. 

@Kachina624   I've been reading the reviews about the gates with the cat door on Amazon.  Many of the reviews say that their dogs who weigh more than Frankie can get through the door.  Several people posted videos showing their larger dogs getting through.  That won't be an option now, unfortunately, but I don't think Henry will need it by then.  It was really nice to have one that he can get through the rungs at this time though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

He is too cute!

I wouldn't worry about him sleeping.  Cats will sleep whenever they need to!  Same as babies - some sleep way more than others.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Henry's taking a nap on top of my computer in my lap.  This picture shows his adorable gray chin.  I just love his markings.

fullsizeoutput_db.jpeg

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Awww! I don't think that cat could take a bad picture. His little pink nose is so tiny!

I always love to see another picture of this wonderful kitten. They can all go in the book you'll be publishing, "Sir Henry: The First Year." Then there will be "Tales of Henry and Frankie," "Henry: The Teen Years," and so on. Your reading public eagerly awaits, @NickNackCat Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

Awww! I don't think that cat could take a bad picture. His little pink nose is so tiny!

I always love to see another picture of this wonderful kitten. They can all go in the book you'll be publishing, "Sir Henry: The First Year." Then there will be "Tales of Henry and Frankie," "Henry: The Teen Years," and so on. Your reading public eagerly awaits, @NickNackCat Happy

Thanks @noodleann  His nose just amazes me it's so tiny!  Henry just isn't ready to be friends with Frankie yet.  She's so good with him I don't understand it.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

Thanks @noodleann  His nose just amazes me it's so tiny!  Henry just isn't ready to be friends with Frankie yet.  She's so good with him I don't understand it.

Henry is still in the bonding period with you, as well as conquering his new home. Once he's confident of your unshakable devotion and feels he owns the house, he can relax and be more friendly with Frankie. It's wonderful that Frankie is so tolerant and sweet. I'm sure they'll come to be pals, but in their own--or Henry's own--sweet time.

Honored Contributor

I weighed myself while holding Henry this morning, and he weighs exactly 4 lbs.  He weighed 3.4 lbs. 15 days ago when we were at the Vet.  I think this could be accurate.  I wasn't sure it would register correctly with me holding him, but it seems like it does.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack:  that's how lots of veterinarians used to weigh their patients, and some probably still do.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@NickNack:  that's how lots of veterinarians used to weigh their patients, and some probably still do.

@feline groovy  Really?  I've done it a few times, but I never was sure it was really completely accurate.  Henry looks bigger to me, so I thought this weight was probably correct.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack

Yep; in fact, my former childhood and adulthood veterinarian was one.  

The animal hospital had a large professional scale, but she often calibrated it for accuracy by getting on another scale with the patient in her arms.  

Henry is bigger, LOL, and gaining muscle everyday on his precious little body. Plus he'll be growing taller and his dear little face will 'mature'.

Although he'll still have those roundish eyes and adorable markings. 

Baby animals become adults at one year of age, but many don't really stop filling out until they're about two.