Honored Contributor

This is an article from Psychology Today on Dogs... SO INTERESTING! I learned a lot about how dogs see the world. I wanted to share with all of you...

.  I found the part about tails interesting... and how docking tails is really rather cruel.

So here is the article. Let me know what you think!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/animal-emotions/201903/how-dogs-see-the-world-some-facts-abo...

Esteemed Contributor

Very interesting, @SeaMaiden .  And yes, tail docking is cruel.  Our first 3 dogs had docked tails and they showed excitement with whole body wiggles.  The last two, having tails, show(ed) SO much expression with them.

Thanks again for posting the article.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I also thank you; it's a very interesting and enlightening article. I'm fortunate to be married to a biologist and we talk about this kind of thing all the time. We're both going to read it and and see what we think.

(Being married to a scientist is a lot of fun; they're some of the funniest people around.)

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden Thank you for a wonderful article.  I am a dog lover and love reading about them.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I also thank you; it's a very interesting and enlightening article. I'm fortunate to be married to a biologist and we talk about this kind of thing all the time. We're both going to read it and and see what we think.

(Being married to a scientist is a lot of fun; they're some of the funniest people around.)

@GoneButNotForgotten      I have a thing for "smart" men! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  thanks so much for sharing this interesting article.  

I rescued two mini schnauzers who had their tails docked. They wiggled their behind.   The third schnauzer did not have her tail docked.  It showed so much emotion. 

My current pup, an Australian  labradoodle, has a long tail that tells a story on its own. lol 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting that.  I don't have a dog (only cats).  However, my daughter came to my house with her dog for a few months to help me.

I grew very fond of her.  Her name is Luna Lee.  She thinks she's human.

Luna Lee leads a life even humans would be jealous of.  She goes with my daughter and her boyfriend skiing in Colorado.  She has her own booties for the cold, she rides on my daughters paddle board (she has her own vest).  Luna has her own down 'coat' and a raincoat.  She put it on Luna yesterday.  It's so cute and Luna seems to not mind getting dressed.

The article reminded me of the new collar she bought for Luna.  It tells her where Luna is at all times.  She (like most animals) has a chip in her; but this is in addition to the chip.

They have some wonderful things for dogs these days.  Luna Lee and her mom live in Colorado.  Colorado is definitely a wonderful place for dogs.

Sometimes they are allowed in draft houses and various places where dogs aren't allowed in Va.