Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Do You Deal With The Grief?

@wismiss wrote:

Something told me to turn to the boards tonight and I definitely needed this thread.  My beloved cat, Schatzi, is probably going to have to be put down Monday afternoon.  She would have been sixteen in September and she came out of the bean field on our farm when she was so small she could fit into the palm of my hand.  She will forever have a place in my heart.  So many of us have loved our pets and they have left us here on Earth while they took their Journey without us.  But, I have to believe we will see them again some day for they are also God's creatures and He loves them as much as He cares for us.  We were just a short part of their lives.  So, to all who have loved and lost, just think about the wonderful blessing we had to have them in our lives for that short period of time.

Peace be to all.

Awww. 💔

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this acutely painful time.  The time between knowing they are going to go and having to take them in to be put to sleep is horribly painful.  

I share in the hope that we will meet up with them again.  If I had my choice, Milo would've lived for the rest of my life.  But I don't get to choose, of course.

Many hugs to you.  💙💙💙  I hope you are able to find comfort in knowing she will not be suffering after she goes, as I have in knowing Milo is not suffering now.

@wismiss 

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your kind replies as well, @beach-mom  @Flopsy  @Roscoe the Rascal  and @Susan in California 

Hugs to you all 💜💜💜

squirrel hug! | Animals friends, Cat adopts, Cute animals

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel 

I am so sorry for your loss.  It's a very difficult part of having a pet.  Sending hugs to you.  

Trusted Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel I am so sorry. It is a horrible pain to have to say goodbye to our 4 legged babies. I know so many people going through this right now as are we. I seriously don't know how to handle the pain other than cry your eyes out and in time the pain will lessen. I honestly have no real advise as I don't know how we are going to handle it. I pray a lot for comfort for myself as well as my family members hit the hardest. I am praying for you. Heart

Trusted Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel, thank you for your kind words.  And, most of all thank you for starting this thread.  We all are different in so many ways but alike in so many ways, also.  And, it reaffirming to know that there are so many people in this world who have the capacity to give to and accept love from our friends who cannot talk to us but know us so well.  I am dreading tomorrow, but know I must do what is best for Schatzi.  Unfortunately, with my health problems and my age, I will not be getting another pet.  Well, I'm going to sign off and go to bed with my Schatzi sleeping near me tonight.  Thank you again for everything.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel, thank you for your kind words.  And, most of all thank you for starting this thread.  We all are different in so many ways but alike in so many ways, also.  And, it reaffirming to know that there are so many people in this world who have the capacity to give to and accept love from our friends who cannot talk to us but know us so well.  I am dreading tomorrow, but know I must do what is best for Schatzi.  Unfortunately, with my health problems and my age, I will not be getting another pet.  Well, I'm going to sign off and go to bed with my Schatzi sleeping near me tonight.  Thank you again for everything.

@wismiss  I'll be thinking of you today and saying some prayers.  I hope by some miracle you do not have to put her to sleep. 🙏

Let me know how things go. 💙

Esteemed Contributor

@Catty2  @KCDiva   Thank you so much for your kind words, hugs and prayers. 💜

I've been thinking a lot about the things said here; I still am not sure if I would like to make a memorial stone for him or an album or what.  I guess that will become more clear as I move forward.  I have a hard time thinking about this for an extended amount of time; I cry and then try to distract myself because I cannot spend all day thinking about it.  I keep telling myself that he is better off now, not suffering.

I hope no one is offended that I haven't responded individually to everybody; I cry for awhile and then cannot keep thinking about him being gone.  It is just too painful.  I do appreciate everyone's kindness. 💜💜💜

Respected Contributor

I had to put down my little guy yesterday and 17 1/2 years old.  He was such a good dog.   I could see it was coming but doesn't make it any easier.

House feels empty.  I am feeling blue but he is in a better place now and at peace. He has family waiting for him.

I just go with it and not much else I can do.  I share with family and friends and that helps.  Time is what it takes.  It is an empty feeling for sure.

Honored Contributor

8B55EB07-4E02-4F8F-9B38-193B1291ABC0.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@Roscoe the Rascal wrote:

I had to put down my little guy yesterday and 17 1/2 years old.  He was such a good dog.   I could see it was coming but doesn't make it any easier.

House feels empty.  I am feeling blue but he is in a better place now and at peace. He has family waiting for him.

I just go with it and not much else I can do.  I share with family and friends and that helps.  Time is what it takes.  It is an empty feeling for sure.

@Roscoe the Rascal   I'm so sorry. 💔

It hurts a lot to get up in the morning and not see their sweet little face greeting you.  I hope you are able to fill that empty space with something good that brings you comfort. 💜

Loss of a Beloved Pet, Set of 5 - Technique Junkies