Honored Contributor

Re: How Do You Deal With The Grief?

My first real loss that I remember ( my dad died when I was too young to understand) was my sweet guinea pig. I adored her and she was so smart - housebroken, knew her name, loved cuddles. She even had a temper when she didn’t get her way. 😂💕

There is no easy way out from grief. You have to feel it and think of the good memories and the wonderful life you gave your best friend.

I’ve found for me, in time, the best path is another fur baby. It hurts too much in the beginning to contemplate but then I realize how lonely I am without one (no human kids) and how much love I still have to give - and there are so many animals in desperate need of someone to love them.

I’m so sorry for your loss. 💔💕💕
Trusted Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel I am so sorry for your loss of your dear Milo. I don't have any words of wisdom about how to cope with your loss. I think it's a process, like any time we lose a loved one.❤️🐾

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel 

I don't have any magic words that the other posters haven't already stated beautifully.

I just wanted to offer a virtual hug.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all so much for your replies.  I would like to respond to each one, but there are so many!!  Thank you for taking the time to answer, express condolences, offer advice and share memories of your furbabies.  I'm sorry to hear of all the hurt everyone here has experienced.  It comes with inviting furry friends into your life, but telling yourself that doesn't make losing them any easier. 

Milo was a guinea pig.  I would say world's greatest guinea pig, but I may be a bit biased.

Milo was with me for the last 6 years.  When I got him, I was still grieving the loss of my dad. Nobody seemed to understand why I felt the way I felt and why I was having such trouble.  My family pretty much fell apart.  But Milo was still here for me.  I will always feel a special bond with him.

I had been planning to get him a brother, but wanted to wait until I was fully vaccinated to go looking.  I did that, and brought home another piggy about 2 weeks ago.  I wanted to keep the new piggy separate for 14 days to make sure he didn't have anything he could pass to Milo, so they never met.  I am glad I have this new boy, but I don't know him yet.  He is still getting to know me too.

Today I took Milo's body to the vet for cremation.  It was very hard.  I know he is not in that little body anymore, but I said goodbye to him anyway.  I can only hope that we see each other again someday.

Pin on Guinea Pigs

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel   I am feeling the same as you my little dog - who was not unwell we thought -  - suddenly  died in my arms week ago I had just brushed and cuddled him - then he went all floppy he was gone.

I miss him every day just cry when  need to but Oh that little boy is so missed.  He was my buddy, my friend, my dog.  Cannot offer any tips but know how you feel my sincere condolences on your loss.

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel  I hope you can find comfort during this difficult time for you.  Everyone of us on this forum knows and understands the pain you are feeling.  

F5FA6D63-CC3F-4687-AA62-15959307F428.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@dulwich 

We may not agree on everything but I want to offer my sympathies on the loss of your dog. A lot of us know how you feel. Remember that.

Trusted Contributor

So sorry for your loss. Heart

I and everyone here has experienced this awful ache too many times. I'm sending hugs as you heal and prayers for your comfort. Those little ones sure do leave an imprint on our heart. Take it slow and love the memories. 

Respected Contributor

Helping Children To Cope With The Loss Of A Family Pet

Esteemed Contributor

Again, I want to thank you all so much. 💜

I know everybody here understands the pain that comes with losing a furry family member; that is why I wanted to post here.  Sometimes it's hard to find people who understand, but I knew you all would get it.  They are our babies, our best friends, the ones who love us no matter what.  They are furry little angels on earth.  We only get to have them for a short time, but they make our lives so much better while they are here.

Hugs to you all: 

@Pook  @Lilysmom1  @Foxxee  @Nataliesgramma  @AngelPuppy1  @hayseed00  @CalminHeart  @qualitygal  @Mom2Dogs  @Skyegirl21  @catter70  @Imaoldhippie  @Goldengate8361  @candys mine  @jubilant  @Group 5 minus 1  @seaBreeze  @goldensrbest  @FranandZoe  @gizmogal  @ECBG  @Terrywu  @Boomernichols  @Just Bling @sophiesofers  @Sushismom  @SXMGirl  @bikerbabe  @NEvans2  @lolakimono  @dulwich  @BornToShop  @Renata22  @silkyk 

I hope I didn't miss anybody, but I see the tag for @Just Bling isn't working. 😣

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org