Trusted Contributor

Re: How Do You Deal With The Grief?

Some people find it a comfort to take part in a Monday candle lighting ceremony for their pets who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/CandleLighting_Tribute/default.htm

"The Monday Night Candle Ceremony is a free service offered to all visitors. It is a very special healing ceremony to honor our furchildren & feathered friends who have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. Please join us each Monday at 9 PM Eastern"

You can enter Milo's name to have a tribute made to honor your lost pet even if you do not want to participate in the ceremony. There are explanations and comforting words on the page I linked. You can read further and perhaps help yourself through your grief by pursuing any of the ways the Rainbow Bridge pages offer comfort, not just the Monday ceremony. 

Wishing you a lighter heart soon. You won't stop loving Milo, but you will miss Milo a little less and the pain of loss will subside. May you have peace of mind very soon. 

Honored Contributor

We've all been there and cry with you.

I am so very sorry.   We have had to put down those so close to us with love.  

We just talk about our beloved pups. The antics, the laughs, the tears.  They stay in our hearts and give us joy when we think of them.

DH and I fill the void left with another little heart to love, but they all remain precious to us. 

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.  My Jake passed away 6 years ago and until today if I stop to think about him ad the happiness he brought to my family I cry.  We have Otto now who I love, but each one holds a special place in,your heart.

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost my westie, Toby Snow on July 4 of this year. He collapsed in front of me and shook violently.  I will not go on as to the other upsetting events but it was traumatic.  Toby was my best friend and I truly believe that he was born for me to love.  We slept together, ate together and he was my Tonto.  There is no easy answer for grief, one day at a time and may the memories help heal your heart.  

Respected Contributor

So So Sorry, I know what you are going through.  Your heart will heal and you will have a new buddie in your life.

Trusted Contributor

@Lilysmom1      Your Lily was beautiful!  I too had a Lily, she was my little grey cat.  She went to Rainbow Bridge last year.  Our animals are always with us.  Sending you hugs.  

Trusted Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel    I am so sorry about your sweet Milo.  He is at Rainbow Bridge and I truly believe we will all be with our pets again some day.  After my two cats, Callie and Lily passed, I went through all my photos of them and put them together in a photo album.  I also made copies of some of the photos for my son to keep. 

Maybe putting Milo's photos together in a special album would help you.  Sending hugs to you my friend. 

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel 

I am so sorry for your loss. You need to deal with the grief in whatever way you can. You WILL hurt, no matter what anyone says. You WILL cry. But, time will also make it feel better. One day, you'll look back and smile when once you cried. You will still miss them, still love them. You will still want them in your life.

Esteemed Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel  I am so sorry about Milo.  There is no easy answer when it comes to grief.  It has been four years since we lost our beautiful Darcy, and I miss her every day.  One thing that has helped is that we have taken in other senior dogs that have been abandoned, and we do that as a way to honor Darcy.  You will find your own way when it is time.  My condolences.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1    Beautifully executed memory garden for Lily but it needs an artfully arranged pile of sticks. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment