Trusted Contributor

Honoring Military Service Dogs 2019 USPS Stamps

Working Military dogs stamps

The Postal Service honors the nation’s brave and loyal military working dogs with this new booklet of 20 stamps. Each block of four stamps features one stamp of each of the following breeds — German shepherd, Labrador retriever, Belgian Malinois and Dutch shepherd — that commonly serve in America's armed forces. The background of each stamp features a detail of a white star. A star appears in the center of each block. The stylized digital illustrations are in red, white, blue and gold to represent the American flag and patriotism.

More details on release dates to come.

Honored Contributor

Re: Honoring Military Service Dogs 2019 USPS Stamps

@Sandyx3,

Thanks for posting this,

http://www.latestseotutorial.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Funny-Wallpaper.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Sandyx3 They are beautiful stamps. I probably won't buy them because I just

stocked up before the price increase. Other than Scooby Doo, I don't remember

any dog on stamps lately.

My sister will probably get them as she has 2 Labs. I am not familiar with the 2

breeds on the bottom.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will be buying the stamps, I have great respect for the service they provide to our military. There are War Dog Cemeteries across the country were military, police & service dogs are buried will honors. An abandoned pet cemetery where dozens of service dogs were buried has been restored in South Lyon, MI. The cemetery has a beautiful monument called The Vietnam K9 Memorial Wall, it pays tribute to the 4,200+ dogs that served in the war & it's estimated they saved 10,000 lives. Sadly the dogs were considered excess equipment & their handlers were forced to leave them behind in the pull out, only 200+ dogs came home...if interested you can see the wall & the dedication video at the website Michigan War Dog Memorial. It's moving, don't miss it.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for sharing that.  I didn't see them online prior to the postage increase but will definitely be purchasing some. I need to corral my stamps.....some are near the computer, some are in my wallet, some are with the holiday cards......etc... LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I like them ..... I’ll buy some on my next trip to the post office 🥰 ... thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It would be great if some of the profit for these could be doned to something like retired service dogs or veterans training service dogs or shelters etc.

I'd buy a lot!

Maybe the stamps will make people think of charities to give toSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I like them ..... I’ll buy some on my next trip to the post office 🥰 ... thanks for posting.

i'll be picking some up too...the USPS hasn't announced the date of the release of these special stamps, yet. 

Trusted Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

It would be great if some of the profit for these could be doned to something like retired service dogs or veterans training service dogs or shelters etc.

I'd buy a lot!

Maybe the stamps will make people think of charities to give toSmiley Happy

I agree about a possible sharing of the profit for the sale of these stamps being a great idea, but I read that the USPS counts on the sale of stamps to defray their operational costs. 

I just love these faithful, beautiful animals !!!

Trusted Contributor

I'm sure that there are other breeds, besides the ones depicted on this soon to be released 2019 stamp, but I think that these are the most common due to their nature, special intelligence geared to the military duties they're called upon to perform, etc.   But they are all special in my eyes!