QVC Community

Re: Photos of Your Furbabies

I lOVE this thread and had to share my most precious family with you. Meet Prince Charming and CoCo Chanel......Alberti - community pets.jpg

Respected Contributor

@blessed10 wrote:

shelby tree.jpg

We lost our beautiful Shelby this past Feb., but I love sharing her. This is a difficult holiday without her. Heart

I am sorry for your loss. Shelby was beautiful.

Frequent Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

@blessed10 wrote:

shelby tree.jpg

We lost our beautiful Shelby this past Feb., but I love sharing her. This is a difficult holiday without her. Heart

I am sorry for your loss. Shelby was beautiful.

Thank you; it is a grief like I have never experienced. We miss her so much.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spent2much wrote:

@blessed10 I'm SO sorry for your loss.  I guess we all think about the fact that "that day" will come.  I can't imagine the grief.

Thank you; I was not prepared for how losing her would affect me. While we knew it would be very difficult, I did not anticipate this level of grief. Something shifted in me when she died. Loving her changed me, but losing her changed me as well. She was everything good. Heart

Frequent Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@blessed10, What a beautiful dog and lovely picture.  I'm sorry for your sadness and your loss.  In November of 2014, I lost both my collie (at only 7) to cancer and my boxer-lab mix (15 1/2) to a variety of old-age related illnesses.  My husband and I were so devastated that we barely bothered to celebrate Christmas last year.  We didn't put up a tree or any decorations and I didn't mail out cards. Every day was sad and painful.  

All I can tell you is that it DOES get easier.  I still feel the pain and miss them both, but thankfully your sweet dog lived a long happy life, so at least you have that to feel good about.  I truly wish you well and hope that your sadness lessens with each passing day.  

It took us 10 months before we brought a new dog into our home again.  But, here we are now with our newest collie puppy, and that emptiness and pain is less than it once was.  

I hope you find peace and contentment. 

Thank you, Citrine2; we, too, have decided not to decorate this year. Too painful, she was such a part of our family and neither of us had the heart for it. While we knew it would be difficult when the day came we had to send her to the bridge, I was not prepared for this level of grief. She has left such a void and I know now that I loved her too much. She was love, she was grace, she was unconditional. We miss her everyday.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet

Awwwww --- oh, my goodness.  So, so sweet!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@blessed10

Goodness, I know exactly how you feel.   I lost my dear sweet baby several years ago and I still cry and cry over him.  It was around this time, too, so it is very hard.  

Honored Contributor

@Doxielover

Beautiful!!!  Thanks for sharing!! 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14

She is gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

@Alberti_Popaj

They are simply adorable!!!  Thanks so much for posting this darling picture!!!