Respected Contributor

Don't know if you all caught my post a while back under my empty house thread, that I did adopt the bassador from the local rescue.  She is a doll baby.  She fit in with my pack (both cats and dogs) from the very first moment she walked in the door.  She's excellent with all my grandkids and all the adult women in the family.  Apparently she had a bad experience with a big male, and she's very timid when first meeting my sons and sil.  After 3 visits, she actually came up to my sil all on her own yesterday instead of him having to sit down and coax her to come to him.

She reminds me so much of a huge old English Lab I had rescued when he was already and old fella.  I had him for three years and he was my constant companion.  Anyway, this little sweetie is like a full sized lab who got short changed on the legs!  She's got the height of a basset and the leg length of a basset, but the legs are thick like a labs legs.  She's 3 years old.  Based on the tooth wear at the back of all her canines, by vet thinks she was kept in a barred cage for a very long time and that she chewed and chewed on the bars trying to get out.

Anyway, she's in her furever home now. 

tonks.jpg

tonks2.jpg

Super Contributor

Re: Here's my new pack member

Congrats! I have 3 rescued aussies myself so I know the joys and struggles. Enjoy the new love in your life.

Honored Contributor

She's a beauty!!

Yes, I remember your post.

2 great breeds mixed together, she will be a love-bug.

Congratulations

I'm partial to black dogs, having had 2 myself.

@Buck-i-Nana

Honored Contributor

Image result for aww so cute pics

Respected Contributor

She's so sweet!  Congratulations!  It's so sad when dogs are mistreated - wish all dogs had a great life, they deserve it.  Give her time to relax and enjoy life.  It won't take her long.

Honored Contributor

Congrats on your new furbaby! Sending

her (I don't know what her name is)

lots of kisses...please deliver.

I have no doubt that Divine Intervention

made sure that she wound up with you.

After living a life of pure H**l Cat Madshe's

now living in Heaven on Earth!

Rescues are the best! I have 5 kitties and

rescued every one of them.HeartCat Happy

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana, she's adorable.  Isn't it wonderful that she fit in so well?  Thanks for taking a rescue.  LM

Super Contributor

Adorable!! And she looks right at home, like she has been there for years!! Heart Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

What a sweet girl...thank you for giving her a forever home. What is her name?

Respected Contributor

Congratulations!  She looks like one of our friends from the dog park!  Happy that she has found her home!

My newly adopted one (almost 4 months) is doing splendidly--everyone he meets just loves him!