Honored Contributor

Henry and Frankie Today

[ Edited ]

First picture is Henry wanting to get on my dresser.  I put aluminum foil behind my jewelry box so that he can't do it.  Second picture is Henry settling in on Frankie's chair.  This is the first time he seems to be comfortable enough to be this close to her for a while.  It's been about ten minutes, and he's still there.  That's aluminum foil on the end of my bedside table.   He still tries to climb up on it.  I hope eventually I'll be able to remove it!

IMG_0503.JPGfullsizeoutput_dd.jpeg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  By Christmas they will be best buds!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd  I can see that happening too.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I think I"m in love with Frankie!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Aw Sir Henry and Frankie so cute. You can tell they are so happy and comfy in their forever home 

Respected Contributor

@NickNack, just a quick little story for you. Back in the 90's we added a new Cairn puppy to our family. Her name was Annie and she was about ten weeks old. We had two cats at the time who lived outside. After we got the puppy, one of our cats, Cookie, just ran off. She was having none of it...and went missing for about four days. I could NOT believe it as we already had a five year old Cairn so it wasn't like this was some new, totally foreign creature to her. Anyway, she eventually came back and you guessed it. These two became the best buds ever! I'll never forget the wrestling matches they used to get into. They would both stand on their hind legs batting their dukes at each other. Then they would latch on and go rolling around all over the deck play biting with Cookie ferociously kicking her hind legs the whole time. They had such fun together. It didn't start out well, but these two ended up having the best relationship ever. I hope the same will be true for your sweeties.

pupwhipped    

Honored Contributor

Thanks @pupwhipped.  That's a really cute story!  The family that lived across the street from us growing up had a Cairn terrier.  That was the cutest dog with the best personality.

-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Henry is thinking "kitties rule and doggies drool,"... purrrfection!  (As long as Henry has the upper paw, and he will)😉

They're already buds!  🐱💕🐶

Trusted Contributor

Awww....they're precious! It's almost as if you can read their minds by their body language & facial expressions! So cute!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Henry and Frankie Today

[ Edited ]

Ah yes, the ole aluminum foil theory to deter a cat!  Hope it works for you but it didnt work on my gal.  I ended up putting tacky vinyl placemats on my dresser to avoid scratches.  Cats will go where they want, you really cant control them.