Honored Contributor

Henry hasn't used his window seat very much.  I ordered it and set it up for him before I got him.  I even put steps up to it, which he doesn't need now but did at the time.  He likes to sleep on the steps so I've left them there.  

I caught him sitting in his seat and watching the birds at the feeder today.  I think he will love it if he starts sitting in it now.  I tried cropping the picture, but it made it too blurry.  I was standing in the door when I took the picture.  This gives you a good idea of how I set up his room, aka my office, for him before I got him.  He still goes in there frequently and he eats in there.  He loves his scratching post.

I took the litter box out of that room yesterday and put it in the bathroom since I'm not putting him up when I leave anymore.  I just put it on the floor in the bathroom and will probably put it in the tub next week.

IMG_0745.JPG

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

Re: Henry Watching The Birds

@NickNack  His Royal Catness is surveying his kingdom. 

He is going to be one big boy!

His neck already looks bigger than his headSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Keep the pics coming of Henry and Frankie,

Image result for aww so cute animated images

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lapdog wrote:

@NickNack  His Royal Catness is surveying his kingdom. 

He is going to be one big boy!

His neck already looks bigger than his headSmiley Happy

@Lapdog  I've been weighing him once a week.  I weigh myself, then I hold him and weigh and subtract to get his weight.  He weighed 3.5 lbs. at the Vet when I first took him in.  I got him on August 5 and took him to the Vet a few days later.  This morning he weighed 5.4 lbs.  He looks SO much bigger to me.  I think he might be as long as Frankie is right now.

-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@NickNackI'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound mean. 

I have a Beagle whose neck is bigger than her head.

I had a female Siamese that weighed 6.5 and a male that weighed 16. They are all different.

I would recommend taking him to a groomer to have a bath.   IMHO it gets the cat used to it so if you ever Need to give him a bath it isn't such a trama. It also really helps a great deal with all the shedding that they do.

And comb /brush him at home too.

I always handled/treated my cats like my dogs and never had any problems with them.  Just a suggestion from an old groomer/vet tech.  I figure since he has Frankie to be a role model he will be exceptional. 

Honored Contributor

I LOVE Henry! I hope you'll keep us up to date on his doings! He is just adorable!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lapdog wrote:

@NickNackI'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound mean. 

I have a Beagle whose neck is bigger than her head.

I had a female Siamese that weighed 6.5 and a male that weighed 16. They are all different.

I would recommend taking him to a groomer to have a bath.   IMHO it gets the cat used to it so if you ever Need to give him a bath it isn't such a trama. It also really helps a great deal with all the shedding that they do.

And comb /brush him at home too.

I always handled/treated my cats like my dogs and never had any problems with them.  Just a suggestion from an old groomer/vet tech.  I figure since he has Frankie to be a role model he will be exceptional. 

@Lapdog  I didn't think you sounded mean at all!  I think he's really growing.  I do comb him, but I haven't brushed him.  I felt like his coat was too short to brush, but maybe it isn't.  I have plenty of combs and brushes.  I'll think about taking him to get a bath.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited to say:  I figured out why you thought that I might have felt like you sounded mean.  I meant to say that he looks so much "bigger" to me.  Instead I said he looks so much "better" to me.  I went back and corrected my post.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack, he looks so cute. I'm sure it will become one of his favorite spots