Esteemed Contributor

Re: Henry Was Stuck In The Garage

@NickNack 

I'm just catching up to posts in Pet Lovers...been working like a demon!

That must have been a scare with Henry. My cats have done similar things over the years. Once we had carpet cleaners in to do our first floor carpets. We placed both cats in our master bedroom so they could be safe and secure...the water source for the machinery came through our front door and they could only block it so high.

Well our cat Sammy decided he wanted to see what was happening. He jumped up on to the dresser and fiddled with the doorknob enough that he opened the door--then promptly pranced downstairs to supervise the proceedings!  I almost had a cow.

They go where the heck they want to go.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago when I had cats. I had errands to run, and I use to always close my closet door, because I did not like my cats in my closet. Well I did not see that one of my cats was actually in the closet. This was a day when I was gone all day long. I came back home that evening, and one cat (Ice) was outside of the closet door looking at me reproachfully. I opened it and the other cat (Nimbus) was inside. i felt horrible, my poor cat stuck in a dark closet all day with no food or water. 

Honored Contributor

Henry,

You silly boy!  There is nothing you need in the garage.  You frightened your Mom which is NOT nice, she loves you very much.  Be a good boy and don’t do it again, please.

We have three cats, and two dogs, who make getting into the garage, or bringing in the groceries unaccompanied almost impossible.

@NickNack 

Best Wishes to all of you. ♥️

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Aww poor Henry!  Yes you'll have to be extra careful in the future...glad he's okay!