Honored Contributor

@NickNack

Oh, Noooooo!

So Glad Nothing happened to them!  I have an old, but not as old as yours probably, pair in green! So funny.

A few years ago DH and I made a county wide narrow boat cruise through England and Staffordshire was one of them.  So, there I learned that the originals were made in early 1900s out of clay, they are King Charles favorite breed, King Charles Spaniels.

I’m with @KingstonsMom  I would gladly store them in my china cupboard until Henry gives up high jumping!

Would love to see a photo of him!  How is Frankie doing?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor
@Nicknack...put them on the floor. I have several pottery type animals, a big fat cat I painted to look like my BIG BOY KITTY, some ducks and chickens. I arranged them throughout my house on the floor. My BIG KITTY is tucked between my TV and club chair, my large chicken is under a writing table, very visible. Just some suggestions. I have some ornate chicks on the floor in front of my water cooler. Looks so nice, and can't get knocked over.
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@NickNack

Oh, Noooooo!

So Glad Nothing happened to them!  I have an old, but not as old as yours probably, pair in green! So funny.

A few years ago DH and I made a county wide narrow boat cruise through England and Staffordshire was one of them.  So, there I learned that the originals were made in early 1900s out of clay, they are King Charles favorite breed, King Charles Spaniels.

I’m with @KingstonsMom  I would gladly store them in my china cupboard until Henry gives up high jumping!

Would love to see a photo of him!  How is Frankie doing?

@Drythe  I'll bet your boat trip was wonderful!  I used to have Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.  That's one reason I love the dogs so much.  I loved them even before I had my Cavaliers though.  I am just so glad Henry didn't knock them over.  I just wish I had a better place to put them.

Frankie seems to be feeling better.  I think her antibiotic for her UTI is finally starting to kick in, and her eye is much much better.  I'll try to get a picture of Henry and Frankie to post soon.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack

So glad Frankie is doing better!Heart

(((Hugs from me & Kingston!)))

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Henry On Mantel

[ Edited ]

@NickNack

These are very unique looking.  I can see why you love them (aside from them being your Mother's.)  Are they antiques?

EDIT:  never mind, stupid question.  Went back to original post & I gues 180 yrs. old makes them antiques.  Smiley Frustrated

I do love them though.

Honored Contributor

Gotta love em.  Years ago, my cats would jump on the kitchen counter, then the fridge and ultimately on top of the kitchen cabinets.  Scared me the first time.  Then another time, the boy walked the curtain rod.  Just like a tight rope walker.  They were so bad.

Lucky nothing broke. I wouldn't put them back where they were.

Trusted Contributor

@GCR18

I have to laugh, when both of my now sr. sister cats were young, they bounced all over the place in the kitchen.  The kitchen island was their starting spot, then to the top of the frig or hutch.  Also, from our bed to way up on top of the bedframe cabinets.

So very comical but it made us have a "plant free, candle free, & wreath free" home.   Believe me, if there was something they weren't supposed to get into, they'd somehow find a way.

Now, my 2 senior cats are slowing down a lot & it's sad to see.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack Thanks for the update on Henry.  I've been wondering how he was doing.

He reminds me of my Bill the cat.  Bill jumps up on anything and everything.  Sometimes I'm amazed at what he's gotten into.

As you know (well maybe you don't) it's best to not try to grab a cat to get them down from some of those precarious places because often it causes them to fall.  If coaxed down, they'll jump down safer themselves....(hold your breath....I do).

I got up this morning to find my huge trash can laying in the floor (with trash everywhere).  I even put Pepsi cases (FULL) around the trash can so he can't tilt it over...he still does!

I'm very careful not to put anything in the trash that could hurt him (isn't that what a trash can is for.....trash???

I bought a new one with a tight lid but with the lid up it doesn't fit under the island....

Well, I mention my scenario to commiserate with you.  I have had many cats over the years.  They've all had amazing personalities....but I must say Bill wins the prize as far as being naughty.

He opens cabinets (just like a person would).  I won't bore you with some of the crazy things he's done.....

But, just like you, I love him more than I can say.  He gives me more than I could ever pay back.

Better go, I hear noise in the kitchen and his sister (Katie) is here with me....that only leaves Bill being.....well...Bill.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  When I first got Henry he could get in my cabinets.  I had baby locks put in the cabinets under the sink in the kitchen and in the bathrooms.  I didn't want him getting in anything in there.

I would not be happy if Henry knocked over the trash can!  I don't think he could, but I might be surprised.  I hope you find a good solution for your trash can.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack I keep everything that could hurt Bill in high cabinets.

The one's he opens has his treats in them and pots and pans, etc.

The one with his treats have rubber bands that open slightly and snap shut.

I've watched Bill try to pull open that cabinet for maybe  5 minutes over and over.  Eventually, he gets frustrated and walks away....or (more often) the sound of the cabinet snapping drives ME crazy so I put the treat in one of his toys.

This makes him work for the treat.  He gets tired and moves on to something else.

I've found some wonderful toys for him that really tires him out.  If you're interested I'd be happy to list a few for you.

Take care of that sweet boy of your's.