Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Henry only seemed interested in the cabinets with cleaning supplies.

He doesn't like treats.  I've tried several different kinds.  I've never had a cat that didn't like treats.  

He has a ton of toys, but if you have anything special please tell me about them.  I order lots of his toys from Etsy.  He likes the felt toys mostly.  He also likes his Tower of Tracks.  I bought that for him before I got him.  This is him playing with his favorite toy.  He loves to play.  He plays with Frankie's toys, too.

IMG_1308.JPG

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Go to Amazon.  It's called Electric rotating butterfly cat toy.

The butterfly is on a thin wire attached to the base.  It moves and flutters 360 degrees.

Bill has found a way to hold it by the wire and he likes to feel the flutter up against his face (it tickles him).

I bought extra butterfly thingys because I thought Bill would destroy them in a minute....but he didn't (they're sturdier than they look!

The only complaint I have is the wire tends to get low and Bill is able to catch it too quickly.  The base is solid enough so it doesn't tip over (which I thought might happen).

When I don't have anything else to do I'll hold the base with the butterfly going everywhere and move it around (higher).

He jumps and runs and it tires him out!  The picture on the box looks almost exactly like my Bill.

There's another toy that both he and Katie (she doesn't like or play with anything....just watches)....unless a treat is involved.

I'll go and find the name of that one.  Another one is one I bought at Christmas...it's almost too simple.  It's round and has little holes for a treat.  It has balls that are on a string and you put the treat in the holdes and put the balls over the treats.

Even Katie will move the balls quickly to get the treats.

I really think you should get the Butterfly cat toy.  I think Henry would like it.

The one I mentioned second has tubes and you put the treat in the tubes.  The cats have to put their paws into the tubes to pull out the treats.  They love that one too.

It's just a matter of finding the right treats Henry will like.

I bought something I saw on a local animal show called "I Am Not A Dog".  The premise is to hide the food (I think you get 4 or so little cat-like things) and the cat has to hunt for the treat or food.

My cats are lazy and weren't interested in those things at all!

Bascolor Electric Rotating Butterfly Cat Toys Two Flashing Butterflies Interactive Cat Teaser Toy

Honored Contributor

Here's a toy they have which interested them about 2 minutes:

SmartyKat Feather Whirl Electronic Motion Cat Toy, As Seen On TV

We have this...buy it if you want to go bonkers at the sounds of birds chirping...they quickly figured out it wasn't real!  Ha!

SmartyKat Chickadee Chirp Electronic Bird-Sound Cat Toy

Temptations Snacky Mouse Cat Treat Toy, 0.42-oz treat pack

I have several of these but they get rid of the treat too quickly.

I'm still trying to find that thing that has the tubes where they have to dig out the treat.  Watching them scoop out the treat makes you feel like you cat is a 'gosh darn genius'.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

Re: Henry On Mantel

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66  Thank you for the suggestions.  Henry has a toy with a feather thing like the butterfly that he loves!  It scares him when the toy moves, though, but he will play with it for a long time if it isn't turned on.  It looks almost exactly like yours, but it's feathers on the end instead of the butterfly.

He also has the chirping birds that you showed.  He loves them, too.  Temptations was the first treat I tried with him, and he won't eat them.  He likes just about every toy I've ever bought him.  I've gotten a lot of ideas from this board. 

Do you have a Tower of Tracks?  Henry loves his.  Bill would probably like it, too, although I'll bet you already have one.

413SS0TSRQL._AC_US218_.jpg

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack I went all through 'Chewy' website too but couldn't find the tube thingy (toy).

I just saw that recently too!  While looking on Chewy website I saw a similar butterfly toy but it had two butterflies, but the base was way too small (tip over) and it was out of stock.

The one I posted is much better.  Bill is very hard on his toys that's why I like this butterfly toy.  The base is so good he can't tip it over.

I don't like the laser toys because I'm afraid I might shine it in his eyes.  

Bill doesn't like to play by himself.  He likes me in there with him.

Funny story...so my friend calls me whenever he sees fire trucks or police anything going into my neighborhood.  He lives across the highway but can see who or what enters my development.

I keep telling him I never go to or look out the big bay window in the living room because the minute I go near there Bill comes running from everywhere because he THINKS I'm going to play with him.  That's where all of his toys are (in that room....all over the floor).  

Good thing I don't have much company because they'd kill themselves trying to walk around all of the cat toys!

One more funny thing!  So the only time Katie the cat will let me near her is sometimes when I'm laying in bed watching TV she'll come and sit/lay up against me.

Last night she came up and starting going bonkers...wiggling and acting like a nut job!  I'm like, "Katie, that's the most animated I've ever seen you.  What's going on?"

Then it dawned on me.  I'd taken a tiny bit of Vicks Vaporub and put at the end of my nose because it was stuffy.  Some of it must have gotten on my blanket and that's what she was smelling.

I remember Jack the cat used to go crazy over the smell of Vicks.  Go figure!  Katie hates everything and only watches Bill play but man she must love Vicks!  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@NickNack Yes, have that but Bill wasn't interested after maybe a day.

I do have 2 of the one's that are only one large ring each.  I've never seen him play with them but sometimes when I walk by I noticed that he's plucked them out of the circle and they're somewhere in the room.  I assume he's played with them, I just don't see him doing it.

He does have one small little stuffed flat cat thing that came with another toy.

It's so weird because he hides it all over the house.  I took a picture and sent it out to my friends with the caption (Bill thinks I spend a lot of time on the toilet so he knew I'd come in there and see the toy).  It was laying on the floor right in front of the toilet on morning.  Then a few days later (after I'd put it back in the living room) I found it again in front of the toilet.

Cats are actually a lot of company and very funny.  Since I cant get out and walk a dog cats are perfect company for me.

My late husband loved cats.  His favorite cat was one that just showed up.  I thought he was a girl until one day I was feeding him and bending over I saw the biggest set of YOU KNOW WHATS!  So I named him Fabio because we joked he was a lubber (lover).

My husband knew he had to be nutered but he kept saying what a shame because he had an amazing set of !!!!.  Do you know though even after he was nutered he still would get upset if he couldn't go outside and play and sprayed.  I had to replace the carpet and seal the sub floor.  He was very Alpha male cat!  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  You do have funny stories about Bill!  That's a funny story about Katie and the Vicks, too.  

I don't like the laser toys either.  I was always afraid I'd point it at their eye.  Before I got Henry, though, I read somewhere that it's not good to use the laser pointers with cats because it only frustrates them.  They like to be able to catch their prey, and the laser just constantly frustrates them.  That makes sense to me.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Glad I took the dogs down!

IMG_1419.JPG

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  I do love looking and hearing about your Henry.

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack, Henry is one handsome fellow!  My DD adopted a kitty who is quite the jumper.  He is amazing, but I think he has calmed down a bit as he has gotten older.  She married her DH several years ago, who had two kitties, so the three make quite an interested blended family.  All different personalities.

@Annabellethecat and @NickNack, I love to hear kitty stories, as we have always had a kitty.  Ours is Lily, an adopted Maine Coon, who we got from a breeder who was “retiring” her.  She was looking for a home where Lily would be an only child.  She’s our little honey, and we love her to pieces.  Thank you for the kitty toy ideas.  Lily will show a lot of interest for a short while, then not so much.  Our DS and DIL have a kitty and a dog, so we sometimes pass toys down to both families.  You’ve given me some great ideas.

We call Lily the CEO of the house.  We just pay the bills.  Because her hair is thick and long, and has Maine Coon razor sharp nails you can barely found in her “mitts,” we have her groomed once a month.  This breed is called “a dog in cat’s clothing.”  She is certainly not shy, makes friends with everyone, and wants to be where we are.  

Life would be so dull and lonely wirhout our little rascals.