Respected Contributor

Re: Henry Getting His Afternoon Rest

@NickNack 

This pic of Sweet Henry is just adorable. I tried to post the other day, but there was a glitch with the post.

Anyways, I also look forward to his pics.  He stole my heart since you first posted both his & Frankie's pics.  

He's grown into such a handsome boy.  Henry, I hope you have peaceful & happy dreams tonight.   

PS:  How is Ava doing these days?

Trusted Contributor

Penelope would like to meet Henry 🥰
Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

@NickNack 

This pic of Sweet Henry is just adorable. I tried to post the other day, but there was a glitch with the post.

Anyways, I also look forward to his pics.  He stole my heart since you first posted both his & Frankie's pics.  

He's grown into such a handsome boy.  Henry, I hope you have peaceful & happy dreams tonight.   

PS:  How is Ava doing these days?

Thank you @sceniccoast .  Ava is still very afraid of Henry.  I just don't understand it.  She won't leave my bedroom in the morning until I put her on a leash.  As soon as she's on the leash she is fine.  She feels safe connected to me by the leash.  She's afraid Henry will ambush her.  I think she must have been ambushed by a cat before I got her.  She has no reason to fear Henry, and I wish she would understand that.  He just wants to be her friend.  I just keep hoping in time this will resolve itself.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack   You are such a caring pet mom.  Henry is beautiful.  Things will work out.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

I'm a little surprised to learn Ava's still afraid of Sweet Henry.  Your Little Darling Girl is just very shy or had an unpleasant past experience.

Many of us with pets don't understand the "whys" of their personalities.  I hope Sweet Ava will be less timid in the near future.  I'll bet when they do become a closer sister/brother relationship, it will be very cute with the two them cuddling & communicating in their adorable ways.

I'll hope & pray for the best for you & your furbabies to be a close family.  Something for you to look forward to.   Heart

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

@NickNack 

I'm a little surprised to learn Ava's still afraid of Sweet Henry.  Your Little Darling Girl is just very shy or had an unpleasant past experience.

Many of us with pets don't understand the "whys" of their personalities.  I hope Sweet Ava will be less timid in the near future.  I'll bet when they do become a closer sister/brother relationship, it will be very cute with the two them cuddling & communicating in their adorable ways.

I'll hope & pray for the best for you & your furbabies to be a close family.  Something for you to look forward to.   Heart

@sceniccoast   I'm starting to think that Ava was ambushed by a cat at some point.  That seems to be why she's afraid to walk past Henry.  I have to put her on a leash every morning to leave my room.  She's very confident walking past him when she's connected to me by the leash.

Henry continues to try to be friends with her.  Hopefully that will happen one day.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

I wouldn't be surprised if you're correct about your guessing why Ava's scared of Henry.

Many of us know little or nothing about our pets' past.  I have family members who assume/guess why their dogs act(ed) out the way they have with their unique personalities. 

The term "sidekick" really fits you & Ava Woman Wink  Someday, Henry's charm will finally win Ava over .. just wait & see.