Valued Contributor

@Karie2022 I get BoarsHead white american cheese sliced really thin and put my dogs pills in it.  I give her part of a slice without a pill and then fold the pill in another piece.  Then I give her another piece without a pill just to keep her from knowing which it is in.  Then I make her unsalted chicken broth for her to drink.  She loves it!  I do this every day and it works for us.  Then I feed her meal.  The both seems to cam her stomach.  I hope some of this may work for you and your sweet dog.

Trusted Contributor

Heard back from the vet, her liver enzymes are up....they think it’s from the med, so no meds for the next two weeks, then more blood work to see where the liver is at...her platelets still look good as well as kidneys...still not eating but hopefully that’ll turn around now that she’s off the med..keeping fingers crossed that platelets will stay up now that’s she’s off the med for two weeks....what a roller coaster.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@Karie2022wrote:

Heard back from the vet, her liver enzymes are up....they think it’s from the med, so no meds for the next two weeks, then more blood work to see where the liver is at...her platelets still look good as well as kidneys...still not eating but hopefully that’ll turn around now that she’s off the med..keeping fingers crossed that platelets will stay up now that’s she’s off the med for two weeks....what a roller coaster.

Yes, you really have been on a roller coaster @Karie2022.  I hope things will get better.  I'm so sorry her liver enzymes were up.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for keeping us posted -- you're doing a great job with her in spite of all the ups and downs. She couldn't be in better hands!

Honored Contributor

Sound like you need to find whatever it is that your baby likes and try mixing it in her food.

It's probably something strong smelling so it triggers her salivary glands and makes her feel hungry.  

I would think it's very similar to a human.  If a human isn't hungry it's because nothing interests them.  

I can't smell or taste.  So most of the time I'm not hungry.  I eat out of boredom and when I do it's just something I 'throw down my throat'.  

I'm overweight because I just eat because it's necessary.

I think your Vet might be able to suggest a few things that would trigger his appetite.

Trusted Contributor

Yahoo, she started eating tonight...!!  So happy...😍

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

One pill my dog must take for pain is a rough pill..codeine...she spits it out no matter how many times I give it to her. It must taste awful.

i get a chunk of string cheese and toss it to her so she eats in in one swallow.  That seems to work most of the time.  She takes capsules with just a smear of peanut butter.

My dog has high liver enzymes too.  She is on a supplement called Denamarin which was suggested by her neurologist.  I buy it on Amazon...and they have a good,price, but it is not inexpensive.