Honored Contributor

Re: Help with a diabetic cat

photodreamer-how are you doing-please post back and check in with us......I know you don't know me in person, but I care about you-please post back.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

@photodreamr wrote:

Just to give everone an update as promised.  I cam home from work yesterday and Raggies did not come to the door and greet me like he always did.  He was laying on the floor and had a hard time getting up.  I dropped something (I can't remember what) but it made a loud noise and my other cat bolted, but Raggies just laid in the one spot and particially wagged his tail.

I then knew it was time.  It was the hardest decision I had to make, but it was the right one.  When we took him to the vet, she asked me if I wanted to hold him through the process, i said no, I don't think I could.  But don't you know Raggies knew I need him to be near me...so he jumped up next to me on the couch then let the vet administer the medicine and laid snuggled right beside me like he always did, then he passed on.

He was a great cat and will be missed so much.

Thank you ladies for your help.  I feel better that he was feed all he wanted for his last days instead of crying for food.

photodreamer..

I am so deeply sorry to learn about the loss of your precious Raggies. I can relate to the painful heartache that you're dealing with now as I have been down that terrible road many times before and will be again at some point as I'm "Mommy" to five rescued kitties.

Please find solace and comfort in the fact that Raggies always knew how very much you loved him, that he was surrounded by that same love when you sent him to The Bridge in peace and with dignity, and that he's now happily running like a kitten with all of his new friends thru the sunlit meadows of that most blessed place.

((((((((((PHOTODREAMER AND HER BELOVED RAGGIES)))))))))

---------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Everyone.. Sorry I did not get back to you for a couple of days.  It has been a hard, but I am not in a better place.  My kitty Jazz has been a handful since he can not find his buddy. 

Thank you to Doxie for telling me about pet loss dot com.  I have been there alot.  I did get the Rainbow bridge picture and I am posting the proof so all can see. 

Even though I am not sure I am ready, I am looking for a companion for my Jazzy.  He is so lonely and cries all the time.  Unfortunately I think I need to get another declawed kitty because he is declawed and wants to be the top cat (after mom) in the house. I am looking at the site seniors for senior pet rescue.  They mostly have cat about 7+ years and after talking to the owner it is hard to get them adopted.  I am going out next Sunday looking at Joey or Lady if you want to check them out.

Thank you to all for your understanding the pain.  This is my fisrt furbaby I had to make the decision for by myself.  I know it was for the best, and he is at peace.  That is the only thing that keeps me going.

Thank you again for all of the love and advice.  You helped me out more than I can say.

I will be posting more on the boards. 

Frequent Contributor

Frequent Contributor

Lets try again

Honored Contributor

Hi photodreamr-it's so nice to hear from you-

It will take time, but your heart will mend......

When we've lost a cat-shortly after, we've adopted another cat-save a life if you will-

We have chosen to adopt older cats as well...

You really can't go wrong with an older kitty....you know what you're getting pretty much.

And it feels really good to bring home a cat that needs you......It's a great feeling and the attention and love helps ease the pain.............

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Super Contributor

Photodreamr:  I understand that your heart must be breaking but it will definitely get better.  I am so glad you are already thinking of adopting another cat.  Keep in mind that this means no disrespect to Raggies at all, but that you are also trying to help Jazzy.  Once you bring home that new furbaby, this will give you another little creature to consider and that will definitely contribute to your own healing and your peace of mind.  Just one word of advice, if I may.  When you bring that new baby home, please be very careful how you introduce him/her to Jazzy as those first few days could make or break their relationship (and cause more stress to you).  If you aren't sure how to do this, ask them for details at the shelter.  In the meantime, please look after yourself and Jazzy and continue to be assured that you definitely have done really well.  Very best wishes to you.

Respected Contributor

I think that Raggies will guide you in finding the right kitty.

I am trying to remember the name of the poster with outstanding directions to introduce the cat.

doxie