Esteemed Contributor

We had a blue merle Collie years ago. Beautiful dog. Our neighbors 

were divorcing and they asked if we knew anyone who wanted him.

His name was Bandit and a wonderful dog. Good luck.

Trusted Contributor

You can do a Google seach for "dog names".  You may see one that will be just perfect.  Enjoy your new addition to the family!

Super Contributor

How about "Merlot" (like the wine)   Woman Very Happy

Thank you for adopting -  as you mentioned she's in rough shape, just think - you'll be taking a "Merle Haggard" (lol!) to a brand new wonderful look and life!

Respected Contributor

Congrats.  We adopted an older dog a year ago and his name is  Roscoe.  We liked that name so we kept it.

He does have nick  names though.  Roscoe the Rascal, Roscie Bear.  The dog we rescued before him we changed the name.   Special dogs and none better than a rescue to us.  

Honored Contributor

When we picked up our rescue collie, the Vet said that he recognized his name as "Scooby".  So we just kept the name Scooby. We would never have picked that name. BUT he was going through lots of "stuff" at the time. The poor guy didn't need any more changes imposed on him.

Respected Contributor

I am thrilled for you!!

I was blessed to have had two shelties and they were the loves of my life (along with my current lovely rescue Jack Russell).

After Romeo passed, we had to name our next girl "Juliet". I miss them every day and my hub and I talk about them daily.

Shelties are regal, loving and kind. Bless you for rescuing her. 

You are getting your girl at a good age. She will enjoy being treated like the queen she will surely be. I wish you much happiness together. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Help naming a dog….

[ Edited ]

My rescue blue merle Aussie's name was Joy, and she was!

Screenshot_20210415-122959_Gallery.jpg

One bit of advice, the minute you get that dog, tag it with your phone number.  Shelties are spooky and frequently escape right from their adoptor's arms. They're almost impossible to catch. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Lady, Luv Bug, Sugar, Precious.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624    I had a close friend who had at least 3 or 4 shelties at a time.    And they each had very individual and wonderful personalities!     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Thank you for adopting a senior dog.  I hope you have many years together.  I like one of the names mentioned - Gracie.