Help me, my cat didn't eat anything for few days

Hi, I need some help. my cat didn't eat anything for few days. I don't know what to do. Help me. Thank.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Help me, my cat didn't eat anything for few days

@blackmarch103 the only thing you can and must do is take your cat to see a veterinarian. Do not wait. Your cat is depending on you to help it.

Trusted Contributor

You need to get your cat to the Pet ER!  Cats can develop a potentially fatal liver disease when they don't eat for a period of time.  Plus, there is something else going on that has stopped him from eating.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO?

DO YOU HAVE A VET?  

YES OR NO, GET YOUR CAT TO A VET NOW!!!

WHY ARE YOU ASKING HERE????

Honored Contributor

@blackmarch103 wrote:

Hi, I need some help. my cat didn't eat anything for few days. I don't know what to do. Help me. Thank.

Call a veterenarian's office and tell them what has been going on.  Ask if you can make payments if money is a concern or could they work with you in some way to help your cat.  Make sure you put it in a carrying box so it can't jump out and run off.  Time is crutial, so call right away.  Blessings for your kitty....SC

Honored Contributor

Something is terribly wrong.  Your cat could be going into liver failure.  You must get your cat to a Vet immediately.  Ask about making payments or Care Credit (most Vets have the application and can approve you immediately) if you don't have the money.  Your cat's life is at stake.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I am looking at my dogs "breakfast" it not unusual for him not to eat breakfast. I bet we throw out about 1/3 - 1/2 of his dog food. 

I usually get on the floor and spoon feed him. That will get him to generally eat. We used to put "starters" on top of his food. We would put chicken breast or cheese on his food to get him to eat but that doesn't even work now. The only thing that works is if we give him some of the food we are eating. 

We have tried just about every dog food on the market. He will like it, the first few days and then stop eating it. 

He goes for 2-4 mile walks everyday and is otherwise healthy. He is a frequent visitor to the Vet. He was a rescue and the first two years we had him, I think he went to the Vet about once a month. They ran all kinds of tests and they are pleased with his numbers.

Good luck. I wish I had answers. But I expect to be sitting on the floor after he comes home from his walk and spoon fed him. And I don't have a clue what brand of dog food to try next.

Honored Contributor

When my car got older, his appetite varied.  I would get smoked turkey from the deli.  That usually did the trick.  When that didn't work, the vet sold a cat food that triggered the appetite.  I'd get a couple cans and he would slowly eat it.  Yes, a trip to the vet may be in order if this is unusual behavior.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, your cat needs to be taken to a vet. If he’s not drinking as well as not eating, your cat is in peril. 

I have used used baby food very successfully to get a cat enticed with food. Look for a small jar of any meat variety in the supermarket. Doesn’t matter what brand. Try for beef or chicken. Avoid choices that also have vegetables mixed in like “beef and carrots” or “chicken and peas”.  Just one jar of one meat.  Keep a jar or two in the house just to be able to get calories and nourishment into kitty until you can get to the vet. Put a spoonful under kitty’s nose and entice him. 

This substitute for cat food is not a steady diet!  It’s not a choice instead of vet care! It’s just an emergency ration for a cat without appetite. Very few cats will turn down licking  a spoonful of baby food beef or chicken. 

Esteemed Contributor

The OP has to be a troll.  No one is that clueless.  Many of us have pets who are picky eaters, but if our pet did not eat for several days, I guarantee that we would be on the phone to the vet.  If this is a true post, then the OP is irresponsible to come to a forum of strangers to get advice instead of using basic common sense.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!