Respected Contributor

Help for glucosamine supplements...

I currently give K 9 gluscosamine,  liquid for my dogs.

Sometimes I think switch it up a bit.  I could really use some  suggestions...please share.

Respected Contributor

Re: Help for glucosamine supplements...

Check out Cosequin for Dogs....I use Cosequin for Cats for my kitties.....  It contains glucosamine and chondroitin.  Available at Amazon for good prices...

Respected Contributor

I give Andrew Lessmans Gluc/Chon vits to my dog. 

Esteemed Contributor

If it ain't broke - don't fix it.     Meaning:  if what the dog is getting now and agreeing with him/her........don't change a thing.  Too much of something can cause rejection and upset digestive system.  At a certain point my dog couldn't handle those supplements any more.

Honored Contributor

I give my dog Dasuquin.  I have used this with many dogs.  If what you're using now is working, why would you want to change it?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I give my dog Dasuquin.  I have used this with many dogs.  If what you're using now is working, why would you want to change it?

Good question...guess I'm always looking for the next Yeah...just checking around...but I think their doing pretty good on this K 9 supplement.   My local pet supply highly recommended,  and I've been using it for years. 

My little Maltese has back leg problems,  and as you all know from my previous posts, Grabriel my Lab pup has a broken hip...vet suggested glucosamine for him as well.   So that's the only reason I continue to search.  Appreciate the suggestions here...I'm looking into them.  I'm checking dosage, nutrient contents, .  So far, K 9 what they're getting , looks good yet.  Thanks everyone!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I give my little one Old Mother Hubbard's Hip & Joint biscuits and he loves them!

Respected Contributor

I give my 2 dogs gluscosamine but my lab also is on tramadol for her arthritis.  Depending on the age of your dog, it's worth asking your vet about arthritis.

It has certainly helped my Cinder. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

I give Andrew Lessmans Gluc/Chon vits to my dog. 

Me too, vet approved dosage.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Look in to giving a joint supplement with turmeric,in it. Also i gave my kooper ,that has passed, a joint supplement that had green lipid mussle in it ,glyco flex is brand name,read up on the green lipid mussle.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.