Super Contributor

Re: Help/cat litter sticking to cat's paws

I have had 8 cats in my house, a total of 13 over the years, so I know cat litter.  The best litter I found is called Advance.  I have to special order it from Chewy or Amazon. 

Advance.jpg

They have 2, do not use the light weight.  This is the best of all litters.  I have also used Tidy Cat 'Small Spaces' but cant find it anymore.  I found Arm and Hammer to be the worst it has a strong odor which cats hate and creates a ton of dust.  Rubber mat in front of the box is a must just in case a little is on their paws. 

Honored Contributor

I already replied, but was thinking about one other thing.  My litter never sticks to the bottom of the pan.  I keep about 3" of litter in the box at all times.  If you keep enough litter in the box it won't get to the bottom of the pan.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

We use indoor/outdoor mats in front of the litter boxes. As careful as we are, they still track litter. My cordless Dyson comes in very handy. Back in the day 50-60s, I remember we used sand.

Super Contributor

I found this to work the best:

litter mat.jpg

The little holes catch everything.  The mat has to be big enough so they can't just step over it especially if they don't like the feeling on their feet.  I made the mistake of buying one with little knobs sticking up.  They avoided it like the plague.