Respected Contributor

Re: Help! Dog with Sensitve Paws

I do sew but not so much these days. Short of finding any extensions for Velcro, seems to me that you could just buy more Velcro and use it to extend the existing pieces. Just add a piece to both sides of the existing pieces and you're got longer pieces.  Probably wouldn't be noticed if it's under the pup.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

SusanKay,

Here's the coat i need the velcro extension for.  It's almost perfect, but the velcro doesn't stay closed around his neck.

Faux Shearling Coats

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor

That looks like my dog's coat!!  That's interesting...it fits around the stomach and not the neck area.  I'm guessing that "hiking" it up higher on the neck doesn't quite solve the problem, either.  Might have to just look into the next higher size.  With November coming in a few days, you might be able to get a really good buy on a new coat before really  cold weather hits.  I'm not sure, but I think that I got mine on sale at Land's End.  Was shocked at the quality for the price I paid for mine.  It definitely is a warm coat.  That velcro strip around the neck area on my dog's coat is attached to the same material (sherpa/faux sheepskin) which creates quite a bit of warmth in the chest/throat area.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Black GSP came to live with me when she was already 8, so I have no idea what might have made her afraid of having her nails trimmed. But, she is a NO GO on that matter - I dremel them.

She gets PLENTY of exercise, but not on cement.

Anyway, perhaps you could dremel your baby's toenails? Good luck.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras