Respected Contributor

@lynne6was7 wrote:
When I feed my cat Fancy Feast broth, I empty the pouch into a bowl and break up the tuna into very small pieces with a fork. I then serve half and save the other half for later in the day (microwave for about 5 seconds on 60% power). BTW, I have found that my kitty struggles with the chicken version because the pieces are too long and difficult to cut up. Also, many cats use their tongue to scoop up food, rather than their mouth/teeth so some textures result in hard work and they just give up.

I would have her teeth checked. She may have some pain. She may be swallowing her kibble whole rather than chewing it.

====================================================

Yes, the morsels are too big.  I don't know why they do that.

So annoying!

That why I thought about just grinding up the soup before I serve it.

It was just be a thicker broth that she could still sip.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@RinaRina  my cat does the exact same thing.  she mostly just likes the broth.  i used to buy her the shreds, but it was like kitty crack to her.  she would be VERY insistant on getting that.  don't worry, she won't waste away. we lovingly call our girl "pounder" at times.

Respected Contributor

First, take your cat to the vet to rule out any dental or other problems. Could be your kitty just decided not to like the wet food she's been given.

One of the ferals I feed doesn't like pâté. He only eats wet food that's in a heavy gravy.

Super Contributor

I had that problem too until I tried Fancy Feast Florentine Medleys Collection. It's expensive but she only gets a half can twice a day and she loves it. Then she also gets a prescription dry kidney food because she's 10 years old.

Respected Contributor

Re: Help! Attn: Cat Experts

[ Edited ]

@SchippyLuv wrote:

I had that problem too until I tried Fancy Feast Florentine Medleys Collection. It's expensive but she only gets a half can twice a day and she loves it. Then she also gets a prescription dry kidney food because she's 10 years old.

============================

That's the canned food I was giving her. Based on your post, I must've been feeding her TOO MUCH - 2 cans a day. Yes, it was expensive!

However, I've already transitioned to Fancy Feast DRY.

It seems to be working.

Honestly, I was sick of smelling cat food.  I don't like leaving the wet food out 24/7.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Hi @RinaRina ....seems you cat does not LIKE anything about the wet food morsels, by the way, dry food is better for their teeth and gums and in turn their whole body. Less plaque on the teeth means better overall health.

My fatcat Shadow eats everything, including steamed broccoli, cooked cauliflower, chick peas, corn, peas, navy beans (any bean for that matter) canned artichoke hearts and even loves canned organic pumpkin. 

Natrually the human foods I listed he only gets lil bites of if I'm eating those things, but nonetheless he does love just about everything.

If your baby prefers dry - stick with that and donate any unopened wet food to your local rescue.

Respected Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

My fatcat Shadow eats everything, including steamed broccoli, cooked cauliflower, chick peas, corn, peas, navy beans (any bean for that matter) canned artichoke hearts and even loves canned organic pumpkin. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

ROFL!

Woman LOL