Esteemed Contributor

Re: Heimlich manueuver for dogs

@SeaMaiden   Thanks for posting this.  It is a good reminder to pet owners.  Can you post something similar for CPR on a dog?  I don't know how to add an outside post.  I think it would be beneficial for those who don't know how to do it. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Of course I would never forget a fellow sheepdog lover! @Irish1210   He is beautiful!  I know what you mean about the puppy antics and my DH and I aren't spring chickens.......how soon we forget that young energy!  I would love to see a recent pic of yours.  80 pounds and only 10 months old!  Willie is 3 years old now and weighs around 85.  I swear that this breed really never grows out of puppyhood. 

20190629_113721_008_01-1.jpg

20190629_113721_009_01-1.jpg

STILL full of energy!

@tends2dogs   I updated my initial post adding the CPR video.  Thanks for the great suggestion!  Willie is so beautiful and so cute! Give your sweet baby a hug from me🙂

~SeaMaiden~

Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs Willie is incredibly handsome!!!  "Huggable"Heart

I have  recently switched to Windows 10 and am navigating through tranferring pics from my iphone to PC ~~~~ ..........Stay tuned, I will persevere!!  

This, of course, is not recent but from February-ish.  

IMG_5838.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my gosh, @Irish1210 , he is so precious........I could just smooch him right up!  He looks very smart, too.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMG_6034.JPG

@tends2dogsThis is a more recent pic!  I'm learning more about inserting pictures : )

I seem to take most of my photos in the "live" position and therefore they are too large to insert here.....at least I think that's the problem ~

Esteemed Contributor

@Irish1210   An all white head!  I love that puppy black fur that alas, turns silvery gray.  When I showed DH the puppy photo, he just sighed.  I know he would love another.  We have always had two dogs at one time.  How soon he has forgotten LOL!  The only way I would ever get another dog at this stage of life would be an older rescue OES.  I don'tsee that happening though.  DH is 74,  and while he is in great shape, time marches on.  I would never be able to walk one dog alone, let alone, two.  I am 66 and don't have the strength.  

He is a beautiful, big boy, @Irish1210 .  I look forward to seeing more photos.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden   Sorry, I didn't mean to take over your thread.  I had remembered from last fall that @Irish1210  was getting a puppy.  This was the first time I had seen her post in a long time so I couldn't resist asking her.

Again, sorry.  This thread is a great subject and is something all pet owners should know how to do.  Thanks for posting this important life saving information.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Heimlich manueuver for dogs AND CPR for dogs

@SeaMaiden    I, too, apologize for derailing this thread!  Your original post is so important and I'm grateful for your efforts Heart

Thank you!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Heimlich manueuver for dogs AND CPR for dogs

I really enjoyed seeing the pictures!

Thank you both for sharing and making me smile!   Smiley Happy