Esteemed Contributor

My cat picked me out on my walk in a parking lot. She came back a second day and I knew she wanted to wanted to be taken home. Her ear was a little snipped off and I heard that is to tell that she was fixed. Later learned it is   hard for black cats to be adopted.

Please say a prayer that my sons cat will be found in my house. She was in her carrier when I went to sleep a few days ago and I petted her. She never knew me so hopefully hiding.  and alive.She left the carrier. Food has been left out and water. No way  she got out. at night--locked doors. 10 years old 

Trusted Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

My cats are the joy of my life! They are divine. I sometimes think they're actually "angels," sent from the "other side" to bring immense joy to us humans--and me, in particular. They are far smarter than they're given credit for being...Of that, I am certain.

@Goldengate8361 We definitely think alike.😊 Cats are angels with fur.😺

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1   I so hope you find your son's cat.  Is the cat coming out at night and eating and drinking?  I'm sure she's there somewhere.  When is your son coming home?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I couldn't imagine life without a pet.  I have been a cat Mom for decades and currently have Jasmine, an 8 year old tortie.  Even though I had family dogs growing up, I never had my own dog until 9 years ago.  Brandy is a 13 year old doxie mix.  Both of my pets are from shelters and I love them so much.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: Having a Pet is a Joyl

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1 wrote:

My cat picked me out on my walk in a parking lot. She came back a second day and I knew she wanted to wanted to be taken home. Her ear was a little snipped off and I heard that is to tell that she was fixed. Later learned it is   hard for black cats to be adopted.

Please say a prayer that my sons cat will be found in my house. She was in her carrier when I went to sleep a few days ago and I petted her. She never knew me so hopefully hiding.  and alive.She left the carrier. Food has been left out and water. No way  she got out. at night--locked doors. 10 years old 

My sisters cat was lost in the house for a few days.  She was finally found in a bureau drawer.  Please check your  closets, drawers and cabinets.  She has to be somewhere, hopefully, not locked in somewhere.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@halfpint1 wrote:

My sisters cat was lost in the house for a few days.  She was finally found in a bureau drawer.  Please check your  closets, drawers and cabinets.  She has to be somewhere, hopefully, not locked in somewhere.

@halfpint1   Just wanted to make sure you saw the above post that was for you.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I  always had larger dogs, Bassets a Malamute.

When the last Basset Hound died I wanted a dog I could lift and bathe inside. 

We got Tom Sawyer, a short Jack Russell. 

He played games and invented his own like hiding balls. 

Tom stayed by my husband through cancer and made him smile daily. He passed a week after my husband .The house was so lonely without Tom, so my son took me to get Krypto. He has similar traits that Tom had but is so sweet and 15 now.

Krypto trained himself to be a hearing dog. He does everything they do alerting me to noises and even a dropped paper. He understands many words. 

I adopted Snickers 5 years ago because the owner couldn’t put up with her. Krypto taught her to alert me and she is better than he is now due to his hearing and age. 

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 -You can check the dishwasher, washer and dryer, under all furniture, under bed, under covers, bathtub, closet.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

Oh, don't you hate that room by room search? Every cabinet and cupboard methodically searched with a flashlight.

And close the door so it can't switch into a room you've already searched.

One of mine has a hidy hole in the dropped ceiling above the workbench.

My friend found his missing cat inside a closet atop a pile of sweaters.

His other cat managed to become closed inside a dresser drawer.

Yes @halfpint1 , I'm praying you find the cat very soon.   😼

Respected Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

Have you checked in the clothes dryer and washing machine? I hope she will be found soon.