Trusted Contributor

Having a pet is hard work, but it can bring so much joy into one's life.  My cat is funny, entertaining, sweet and affectionate.  I can't imagine life without a furry friend.  

How does having a pet bring YOU joy?

Honored Contributor

My little guy is our world!

Honored Contributor

I was recently in the hospital.  I left enough food and water for my cat, Ava and someone came in and checked on her.  When I came home in 5 days, she would not leave my side.  Purring and laying on top of me.  She brings me so much joy and happiness.  Pets are truly healers.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

We adopted an older dog. He had been through a lot and needed some surgeries.He was too thin and insecure. Today he is great. Is a part of the pack and secure. He has gained weight and sailed through his surgeries.

On April 6 our very old (15 years) German Shepherd) crossed the Rainbow Bridge. We miss him so much. She was my joy and I know I will always miss her.

Honored Contributor

Not a cat owner, but I believe this is true.

“A cat can make you feel well rested when you're tired or turn a rage into a calm just by sitting on your lap. His very nearness is a healing song.” - Shannon Hale

Honored Contributor

Re: Having a Pet is a Joy

[ Edited ]

We adopted our stripey cat 9 years ago. Her name is Echo and she was at my side constantly thru 5 months of chemo for breast cancer---would purr and purr on my bad side like she was trying to help heal me with  the vibrations from her purr. In fact she kind of found that lump when she jumped on me and made me wince----prob would have found it anyway but still--got medical help the very next day instead of waiting a little longer. She is a sweet girl!!!!

Honored Contributor

And having several, for many of us, adds even more.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I agree. My cats are the best. I wouldn’t want to be without at least one. Last year I found a 4 week old black kitten in our back yard. Now a year later she is the sweetest, happiest kitty. She gets along with the other 4. She is the kitty we didn’t know we needed.

Trusted Contributor

I also love my cat SOCKS!!! Pictured is my cat Dolly who we lost in a fire.  I have gotten all my cats from the shelter except for ONE.  Hubby and I work different schedules at times so it is nice to "feel" like you are NOT HOME ALONE.

I would get a second cat but my older cat has been the MAIN FOCUS of attention so long, I don't think he would like to share all "HIS" attention.  I tried brining in a second cat years ago when I had Dolly and it was a disaster.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

Ever since I retired almost 22 years ago, I've always had 2 or more dogs.  Since I live alone, my life would be lonely without them.  I've been fortunate to have had some exceptional companions.  I talk to them constantly, so the 2 I now have seem to understand so much.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment