Valued Contributor

Re: Has your pet ever warned you of a danger?

Sometimes one of my poodles will tilt her head and stand posed, staring at something in front of her.  We say she sees a ghost.

Our other little girl poodle found my husband when he was lying unconscious in the basement.  He had fallen and had hit his head on the concrete floor.  She stayed with him, licking his face.  He woke up to a wet face and a big dog tongue.  Terribly unpleasant but he loved her even more, for it.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Respected Contributor

No, but I'm safe from squirrels, chipmunks and the mailman!  Lol, luv her to pieces. ❣️

Honored Contributor

Have to say no.  Only of a person walking up the front stairs...UPS man. 

Respected Contributor

Yup.  One night my boy Token was sitting beside me on my pillow growling at the window beside my head.... At the Racoon looking in the screen!  I shut that window rignt QUICK!  Good Kitty Token!  Miss you.

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed reading these and thought of many of my own.  I had a horse that was somewhat firey in temperment. Well maybe more hard headed.He got to be a professional snake alarm. I would be riding and he would stop and not go forward.At first I would try to make him and he was resistant. Then out would come the snake. I made him move on one time and the snake came out and he went psycho stomping and leaping in the air. I kept praying he didnt through me on the snake. After that I learned to back up when he did that. 

I would be at the barn and this creepy unkown guy would just show up. I would look and he would just be there watching. When I noticed him he would try to start a conversation. I told him it was private property and he needed to stay away. He kept popping up. He was super sneaky and I did not see him arrive which surprised me. I talked to police and they said to call them which did not work since I did not have a cell phone at the time. The same horse took over. That horse would see him coming and if he got close he would kick him. One day he took it a step further and the horse bit him. I was shocked because my horse never bit anyone. The horse started chasing him and the guy had to run from the biting or kicking. The next time I saw the guy was in a picture in a newspaper. He had been arrested for  robbing and assaulting. I learned to listen to the animals more.

I was slow on learning to see snakes before I was on top of them. Fortuneately  I had dogs, goats and horses that saw them and stopped the snake from getting to me.

Milking cows and caring for calves I had a co worker that thought it would be funny to sneak up on me and scare me. He must have thought my pyrenees was slow. He did not get within 10 feet of me since the pyrenees grabbed his crotch, threw him on the ground and sat on him. If he moved she started growling and drooling on him. That co wrker never played that game again.

doxie