@NC Bandwagon wrote:

Hello, BalletBabe. Smiley Happy

Your parrot sounds adorable. Smiley Very Happy

She's very lovely. Thank you for saving her. Smiley Happy

Thank You!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Had a fed ex delivery today

@BalletBabe wrote:

@circles   You could never keep a Parrot in garage in NJ.  This parrot was crazy about my hubby (he passed in March)  She still calls him all day.  It breaks my heart.  In a way since she talks in two different voices, one being his, I feel like he is still here in a way.

One day when she first started calling him, she was yelling Rob, Rob and I was in the house, I heard him yell " I will be there in a minute"  I came out and I said "who are you talking to"?  He said you,  didn't you call me.  I said no, and then she yelled again  "ROB"  I said thats the bird calling you.  We laughed and laughed because she sounds exactly like me.   

That must be a real treasure to you. Heart

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@circles   You could never keep a Parrot in garage in NJ.  This parrot was crazy about my hubby (he passed in March)  She still calls him all day.  It breaks my heart.  In a way since she talks in two different voices, one being his, I feel like he is still here in a way.

One day when she first started calling him, she was yelling Rob, Rob and I was in the house, I heard him yell " I will be there in a minute"  I came out and I said "who are you talking to"?  He said you,  didn't you call me.  I said no, and then she yelled again  "ROB"  I said thats the bird calling you.  We laughed and laughed because she sounds exactly like me.   

This brought tears to my eyes....it would break my heart still hearing my husbands voice calling out...

I am very sorry for your loss...I am glad your Parrot brings you comfort...

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@BalletBabe   My neighbor has several big birds....they have ruined the inside of her home....chewed up everything.  They scream just like they do in the jungle....I can hear them from outside her home.

Personally, I just do not feel these magestic birds should be in captivity and in a cage.  I just do not think people should own such birds. You mention the mess....in nature there are no cages, no worry for mess.....no living in a garage.  They should be free flying through the trees.   

I know you take take care of them....love them....but these birds should not be in a cage no matter how big. They should fly free where they belong in nature.  

Aww come on now. The OP was just sharing a very funny thing that happened to her. Don't worry, be happy! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe  Cute story.  Thank you for sharing.  I'm glad your sweet and pretty bird is of great company and comfort to you, friend!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Esteemed Contributor

@Pandalady    Hi Panada lady!  Thank you, and yes she is my buddy and also my dog.  

Esteemed Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

I hope the garage is air conditioned? .. living in Florida and all.

This post is a cute story. Don't turn it into a "lets judge the poster on the care of her pets" post.  People can't post anything without someone trying to pick it apart. 😏Enjoy the cute story and leave it at that. 

Oh really? Not such a cute story leaving a animal in a hot garage in Florida. And don't judge me, I can post anything I want which is my right. SO you leave it at that!!Woman Mad

Respected Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

This post is a cute story. Don't turn it into a "lets judge the poster on the care of her pets" post.  People can't post anything without someone trying to pick it apart. 😏Enjoy the cute story and leave it at that. 

Oh really? Not such a cute story leaving a animal in a hot garage in Florida. And don't judge me, I can post anything I want which is my right. SO you leave it at that!!Woman Mad

Don't judge you? Like what you did to the op?🤔 Love the double standard here. 🙄

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@BalletBabe, you made me smile. What a wonderful story!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

Good point and well said @AmericanBulldogMom.  I totally agree.