Trusted Contributor

HERE I SIT WITH NO WOLFGANG.......

Here I sit, with no little Wolfgang....I tried so hard to train him, without any luck, except that he would come in nightly to have his collar removed, and get cookies...would not eat a doggie biscuit or treat for the life of me...I have tried so hard with him..I have loved and rubbed and held and done all that I knew to do....THEN...on Friday, December 11th, my dad led him out to the highway, with me screaming in the truck, and he said I did not need him, and I was better off without him..He would not let me out of the truck....When we got back, I could not find Wolfgang, and I searched and searched...Then on Saturday, I called the person over the animal support group here, and she said a dog matching my discription was on Facebook....Well, I found him far from here, and went and got him...Oh, he was happy....Well...he has been gone again....I found out that my neighbors had him in a Christmas Parade..without my knowing, and the people whose house I found him, have been riding him around.....He is just going from house to house, getting attention from everyone, but putting me thru torture....He has not been home all weekend, and I could not find him..Today, when I got home, he came from a neighbors house down the road, and just basically threw me off..did not want me to even touch him....NOW...what do I do...He can not be mine alone...I can not get the love, and give him the love and attention, and care and protect him...I am useless, I can not even care for a furbaby any more, and my dad has told me to never go with him to the doctor any more with him, and he wants nothing to do with me.....I am useless...to man and animal...I am hurt, I feel shamed, I feel useless....Where do I go from here...My whole life is changed by this pup, and I can not help him, and I can no longer help my dad...As a nurse of 34 years, I am supposed to care, and help those in need, and I am failing at every turn.........

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Respected Contributor

Re: HERE I SIT WITH NO WOLFGANG.......

Well that was a rather confusing post to read.

All I can say is aniamls need love and patience.  Everything else will fall into place after that.  There is nothing my babies can do that would ever make me turn my back on them.    Ruined carpets, furniture, while not nice are just things to be replaced.  Nothing in this world matters more to me than them.  We sold one home to buy a home with a fence.  Then when we got more dogs we sold that home to buy a home with acreage.  It's all about them.  :-)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@forrestwolf wrote:

Here I sit, with no little Wolfgang....I tried so hard to train him, without any luck, except that he would come in nightly to have his collar removed, and get cookies...would not eat a doggie biscuit or treat for the life of me...I have tried so hard with him..I have loved and rubbed and held and done all that I knew to do....THEN...on Friday, December 11th, my dad led him out to the highway, with me screaming in the truck, and he said I did not need him, and I was better off without him..He would not let me out of the truck....When we got back, I could not find Wolfgang, and I searched and searched...Then on Saturday, I called the person over the animal support group here, and she said a dog matching my discription was on Facebook....Well, I found him far from here, and went and got him...Oh, he was happy....Well...he has been gone again....I found out that my neighbors had him in a Christmas Parade..without my knowing, and the people whose house I found him, have been riding him around.....He is just going from house to house, getting attention from everyone, but putting me thru torture....He has not been home all weekend, and I could not find him..Today, when I got home, he came from a neighbors house down the road, and just basically threw me off..did not want me to even touch him....NOW...what do I do...He can not be mine alone...I can not get the love, and give him the love and attention, and care and protect him...I am useless, I can not even care for a furbaby any more, and my dad has told me to never go with him to the doctor any more with him, and he wants nothing to do with me.....I am useless...to man and animal...I am hurt, I feel shamed, I feel useless....Where do I go from here...My whole life is changed by this pup, and I can not help him, and I can no longer help my dad...As a nurse of 34 years, I am supposed to care, and help those in need, and I am failing at every turn.........

Forestwolf, pehaps I didn't understand you.  Did you say that your dad led Wolfgang out to the highway saying you did not need him (Wolfgang) anymore?  Was he hoping Wolfgang would be hit by a passing car?  Did your dad tell you never to go with him (your dad) to the doctor anymore?

If the above is true, you need to take Wolfgang to the ASPCA so that he can have a chance to find a better fit.  It has absolutely NOTHING to do with you!!!!!  You did everything humanly possible to work with this doggie!!

As for your dad, is he having thought problems?  Does he need to go to a neurologist?  Just take him to the doctor without his permission, even if you have to lie.  This also has NOTHING to do with you.

You're taking the blame for all of this is just so sad.  You have done the best you could and you should  be proud of your efforts!  HUGS!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, Forrestwolf.  You know your Dad loves you in the only way he can, you are not responsible for his lack of caring, it is just his lifestyle.  Sad but true!

And Wolfgang, he's a dog, I know you loved him but they are not as smart as we are and he can't see you as the warm caring person you are.

I inherited my daughter's dog.  He sees her and licks her (sugar) loves her, me???  he doesn't want to be far from me but no closeness.  The closest he will get is to sit beside me in a chair, not in my lap, in the chair.  Just be in the same room.  Keep the water dish full and feed him.  That's enough!

It is unfortunate you are being rejected by the ones you chose to love and care for, but you can't change them.  Change you!  I know it hurts (have some of it myself) but they just do not know how precious you are.  

Do like I do, pretend it is the Fourth of July.  It really works!

Trusted Contributor

To answer 2 replys in one....My dad still drives, and lives less than 2 miles from me...He has told me he will never tell me that he loves me...never has, and never will...He loves birds, but beyond that, will shoot to kill any animal, and has a history of doing so...Yes...my dad lured my puppy out to a highway, so he would die, and said that I did not need him anyway....He has mental health issues, undiagnosed, and never treated, since before I was born....That is why my mom divorced him at my age of 2...Jury trial divorce, and he burned all of my clothes, toys, and pictures...I have tried to please him over the past 8 years, and if you have ever followed my in recipes, you would know what I have tried to do for him...BUT yes...He wants nothing else to do with me, and wants me to have nothing more to do with his medical care...I just have too many people wanting to care for Wolfgang, and he is lured to anyone that will show him any affection....I go to work at 0545, and get home around 1715 daily..except with weeks with holidays....I can not get Wolfgang trained to the doggie door, BUT, if I could, I could train him to invisible fence, and keep him home...He just has too many families trying to give him attention, and now I am on the bottom of the list...Now, I have a deceased mom, my deceased Little Savannah of 14.5 years, and a rescue puppy, thrown out at my house, now torn between 3 families.....I am sorry if my post is confusing, as I know that people can not imagine what people can do against family and animals.....I am so useless and helpless at this time....So..my dad does not love me...nothing new in my life....BUT puppy is different, and now I am afraid of what will happen if my dad sees him....We are still a kill shelter in my town, because we are so small, although GA did away with the gas chamber, except in small counties with no animal control....so, if turned in...gas...otherwise, possibly get run over on a highway (thanks dad)....When my grand mother was dying, only moments away, his statement was call me tomorrow and let me know if she is dead....Now, how do you deal with a man like that.......YOU DON't....I just want what is best for Wolfgang, and I have found out the neighbors are calling him something else......He has to be soooo confused....

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Respected Contributor

If your dad is mentally ill he should not be driving, and I hope he does not have a gun.  If he does, then that issue right there needs to be dealt with. You contact his doctor and/or the police.

I would not let someone into my home like that.  Change the locks, don't answer the door, whatever but he would not be welcome in my home as he sounds dangerous.

I am so sorry the poor dog is caught in the middle.  I would protect him at all costs.  Does the neighbor want to adopt him?  Either way, the dog should not be roaming the neighborhood.  He needs to be in a yard with a secured fence and locked gate.

Esteemed Contributor

Image result for Hug

Honored Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

If your dad is mentally ill he should not be driving, and I hope he does not have a gun.  If he does, then that issue right there needs to be dealt with. You contact his doctor and/or the police.

I would not let someone into my home like that.  Change the locks, don't answer the door, whatever but he would not be welcome in my home as he sounds dangerous.

I am so sorry the poor dog is caught in the middle.  I would protect him at all costs.  Does the neighbor want to adopt him?  Either way, the dog should not be roaming the neighborhood.  He needs to be in a yard with a secured fence and locked gate.

I send you hugs, too, @forrestwolf and repeat everything that  @RainyDayGal has written.

Do not let the dog roam.  When you are home, leash him for walks.  You can confine him to, say, the kitchen, with pee pads when you are not home.   

Doesn't he have a collar with tags that would indicate where he lives?  It just seems very strange that all sorts of people are taking the dog for their own purposes.  But then I don't understand where and how it is where you live.

Finally, if all this does not work, perhaps don't have a dog until your father is out of the picture.  Your father does seem dangerous, especially to a dog, and also to you.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

My gosh--sounds like both of you would benefit from some family therapy....it might help to deal with the relationship you and your father are struggling with....

Super Contributor

I started reading the OP and was not able to finish from the horror of it. But I think I read enough.

Thoughts of this type of thing happening can keep me up at night.

I am shocked at the response it is just his lifestyle.

What???? I'm sorry but NO!

Animal cruelty is not a lifestyle! It's not acceptable and it's illegal!

If my father ever tried something like that, I would never speak to him again and would probably report him.

Yes. I love my father but if he's cruel to a child or an animal that I love, he would be gone from my life. And I didn't report him because it might be hard to report one's father, my husband surely would. Your father is cruel.

Dogs ARE smart, it's people who let others hurt their pets or let their pets run around unsupervised who are not the smart ones and should not own pets of any kind.

I could not continue reading but if you found that poor dog, please find a good RESPONSIBLE family for him. People who don't let their pets run around the neighborhood because they LOVE their pets and are careful to keep them out of danger.

I also feel sorry for that poor dog that only gets food and water and won't go near the person they live with. They will be in the same room but probably sense that the person has no feeling for them. I bet my house that that dog would not be like that with my family.

I sound hard, I make no apologies, some situations call for it.