Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Funny you post this today...

I have been feeding birds for way over 25 yrs. 

Suddenly my PO has deceided the 40 lb bag of seed I order from Amazon is to heavy to deliver. I had a run in with  a disrespectful  mail girl and the central post office gal that also was disrespectful and  after  thinking it over deceided to quit my wonderful hobby of feeding  my  birds.  Smiley Sad  especially now in summer ,because they have lots to eat.

So now my babies  (and squrriels) are hungry and one deceided to chew up my brand new trash can thinking the seed was inside..........

@MalteseMomma

I'm a longtime Amazon fan, but why not buy it from a different vendor?

One that utilizes a delivery method (i.e.:  LaserShip) where the item is not handed over to the post office for delivery

just Google online vendors for the best prices and reviews, then check out your faves' delivery options. Sometimes you can choose and it doesn't always cost too much more.

HTH

Esteemed Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@scraphappy wrote:

How can I keep a squirrel from eating all my bird seed?  I have a bird feeder hanging from a shepards hook.  It's been out there for over 6 months without a squirrel bothering it.  Well, he found it and he hangs upside down from it and eats it all. 

@ScrapHappy

I found some red hot chili pepper sunflower seeds for birds.  That's all I put in my bird feeder.  The birds don't mind them at all, but the squirrels can't take the burning sensation in their taste buds.  Google it on the web.  Also, this bird seed is completely edible for the birds so they leave no mess under the feeder.  Rats, etc., don't like it either!!

@fortune  But you feed the squirrels though too...right?

Image result for sweet squirrel

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Any squirrely tips, @mistriTsquirrel?  Woman Wink

@feline groovy  Um...get a squirrel feeder!!  Smiley Happy

Image result for squirrel at feeder

Honored Contributor

Re: HELP WITH SQUIRREL

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel

Smiley Very Happy  

Like, duhhh...

Adorable!

Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel

Smiley Very Happy   Like, duhhh...

Adorable!

@feline groovy  Duh, indeed.  You should never drive a tractor with your foot!!

But still...cute feeder.  heh

Honored Contributor

Re: HELP WITH SQUIRREL

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel

Here we have the Adirondack chair station and a dinette set below it...

Decisions, decisions... ;-)

Image result for squirrel feeders

Image result for diy squirrel feeder

Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel

Here we have the Adirondack chair station and s a dinette set below it...

Decisions, decisions... ;-)

Image result for squirrel feeders

Image result for diy squirrel feeder

@feline groovy  Well, I like to eat alone, so the adirondack chair would be fine with me, but some squirrels like to eat with a friend.

Also, a more comfortable chair is always appreciated.  Maybe there's a recliner out there, or a couch?  Or at least a comfy restaurant-style booth? 

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@fortune wrote:

@scraphappy wrote:

How can I keep a squirrel from eating all my bird seed?  I have a bird feeder hanging from a shepards hook.  It's been out there for over 6 months without a squirrel bothering it.  Well, he found it and he hangs upside down from it and eats it all. 

@ScrapHappy

I found some red hot chili pepper sunflower seeds for birds.  That's all I put in my bird feeder.  The birds don't mind them at all, but the squirrels can't take the burning sensation in their taste buds.  Google it on the web.  Also, this bird seed is completely edible for the birds so they leave no mess under the feeder.  Rats, etc., don't like it either!!

@fortune  But you feed the squirrels though too...right?

Image result for sweet squirrel

@mistriTsquirrel

Uh, no.  So sorry, Mistri!  cry.gif

Respected Contributor

Ok, I bought multiple feeders and spend hundreds of dollars on seed until I found this feeder. "The Squirrel Buster Plus with Cardinal Ring". It is expensive but I have had mine up for 3 years now and I have only purchased about a bag of seed maybe once a year. I have never seen a squirrel on it. The seed lasts and the birds come to it. With all the feeders that were ruined and thrown out and the seed wasted, this was worth the purchase price and I would purchase it again in a heartbeat. I tried putting Vaseline on my shepherds hook, it worked for a while but it gets gritty and they get a grip. The feeder is the way to go. You can watch a video on the Squirrel buster website on how this works. I purchased mine on Amazon. 

Honored Contributor

This thread cracks me up ..... I have a neighbor that not only feeds the neighborhood squirrels, but buys expensive unsalted nuts for them!    She says they like walnuts and brazil nuts the most!!     

OTOH, the birds get regular generic seed ....   LOL