Respected Contributor

HELP! Our Golden is limping!

As most of you may understand, she's our "baby" so we're quite concerned.  She's not even 5 years old yet, so we don't suspect arthritis or anything like that.  She just started limping tonight.  At one point, she was in the doorway holding her right front paw up, so that must be where the problem lies.  We've examined it and see nothing.  When we move it or touch it, she willingly lets us... seemingly without pain.

Any ideas anyone?  If she keeps this up, of course we'll take her to the vet.  But I'm just wondering if anyone knows what it could possibly be.  Thank you.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Frequent Contributor

Re: HELP! Our Golden is limping!

Check with your vet. Could be Lyme disease. That was the  only symptom our Poodle  had. Good luck 

Respected Contributor

This may or may not help. My sons dog started limping. They took her to the vets. Terns out she had what he called Tom Brady’s injury. It took a while but she is ok. We all just love her. Wish you all well.

Respected Contributor

He may have an ALC tear I would get him to the vet. If it is that it won't hurt or bother him all the time until it splits. Now I am not trying to be negative as he may have just spained his paw or his knee but I would get it checked out.

Valued Contributor

Check his feet. Our dog does that suddenly if he gets a toenail crossed.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can give her a buffered aspirin for the pain.  My 6 1/2 year old boxer also just started limping occasionallynad my vet suggested that as a once in a while pain reliever.  He has no other symptoms either.  Good Luck

Many have come and gone, but they all left paw prints on my heart
Super Contributor

I s it cold where you are? Our goldendoodle has been bothered with the ice and stops when walking outside and has licked his paws .Could be all the salt put on the rds too .

Super Contributor

Also we had another dog that got a pine needle in his foot .Maybe if you have a real xmas tree ? Hope this helps 

Esteemed Contributor

Just want to say, if it seems to continue have her X-rayed.  But, go with the  lyme test and the pulled ligament treatment first.; acupuncture may help.

However, if it continues after a couple of weeks, I'd have her x-rayed to be sure that's all it is.  I always say go with your gut feeling.

Hoping you baby girl is well soon.Heart

Honored Contributor

@spent2much  I have two goldens . One is 7 the other 4.  Watch her over the Christmas weekend.  If she is still  limping by Tuesday, take her to your vet to check it out.  That is what I would do.