Esteemed Contributor

Re: HELP - My Zoe got vicious

I'm sorry that happened.  That is traumatic.

Dogs are territorial.  I was alone on a 450 acre farm when two cattle dogs got in a fight.  I'll never forget it and I learned that it can and will happen.

Both the dogs and myself survived (with some vet care) but I have a neighbor that keeps forcing her dogs to play even when the older one doesn't want to and I fear that there will be ramifications.

Not in any way to say that you had a hand in provoking the attack.  My own dog bit me some years ago (long story) and it was at the same time I broke out in shingles, we had a snow storm, the neighbor that provoked my dog passed away, and I couldn't get to the doc for shingles treatment but I did not want anyone to know about the dog bite because I did not want to lose him.

He's still a loyal and faithful companion.  I thought about re-homing him but I'm glad I did not.

You may have to be extremely careful now that you have new people in the house and it sounds like the dog is exerting dominance.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

In my years of having small dogs I realize some dogs are good in a multi dog household and some are better being in a one dog household.   My pom would love to have a playmate and does not have a mean bone in his body but the Peek a poo would rather be the only dog and I do not trust him.  These two are never left alone together in the same room.  Unfortunately you don't know that until you get the dog.  

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak,  a vet check for Khloe might in order.  If there is something going on with her there is likely a change in her scent which could cause the others to go after her.

At the very least a call to your vet detailing what is going on might give you some insight.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Years ago I had 3 dogs all rescued. A four year abused dog, a puppy and a 10 year old dog whose owners got old.

I had them for years and the 10 year old had her leg amputated at 14.

The two younger ones got along great but never bonded to the older one. As she got a lot old she had trouble seeing and used to walk up to them and just stare. She was a loner anyway.  I think the stares finally got the big dog and I came home one day to find she had attacked the older one and I had to rush her to the vet. Very bad teeth bites in her neck. 

They were all fine outside or when I was home. 

I kept the older dog in the bathroom because I still worked.

2 years later I ran next door for a minute and came home to the same attack I was kind of shocked.

From then on I never left them alone. I had to forgive the big dog, it was tough. I loved them all.

They all lived to 17 years old. 

Respected Contributor

I could never give up anyone no matter what, I just did what I had to do to keep the peace. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @Venezia   It's been very hard but we decided to send her to a dog whisperer and see if she learns to be a good girl. 

I'm praying beyond hope that I will be able to keep her. 

I was thinking last night. Once lights are out and I get into bed she jumps on and crawls on top of me so I can give her a little body scratch and back massage. Once I finish, I kiss her little nose and I say night night and she goes to the living room where she sleeps. I thought who's going to baby my girl?

Esteemed Contributor

Khloe fractured her leg in two places about a week ago and she's been getting extra attention @Marp  This is the only thing I can think of. 

I'll have Kevin take her with him tomorrow. It can't hurt to have her checked out. Thank you