Honored Contributor

Re: HAVE YOU EVER HAD A DOG THAT DIDN'T LIKE TO

@Skyegirl21Good point on certain breeds get hot fast. Mine does.

Contributor

My Golden Retreiver hates to go for walks. I couldn't believe it because our first Golden loved walks.  This one is perfectly healthy and playful, but when I try to take her for a walk, she stops and won't go any further. I've taken her to a trainer and he said he has known several golden retrievers that don't like to walk. I still try to take her, but we don't usually get very far. We live on an acre so she gets her exercise by running and playing on our land.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@pattiewaddle wrote:

Yes a Boston Terrier.TOOTSIE would walk exactly 1/2 of our walk and then sit down and not budge......sometimes I had to carry her home but as time went on she became too heavy or I became too weak to make it home....One night Tootsie sat down and I did too   Husband came along looking for us in the car She was so happy to see the car and jumped right in we had a good laugh and went home.......so it was understood if we weren't home by a certain time hubby came and got us.......she was checked over by our vet and I by my Dr. we both were fine......she just didn't want to walk very far.....

@pattiewaddle  Good to know!  Very funny....Smiley Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@tends2dogs

We always have our furbabies by our side, we just can't see them.  So, they send us a new furbaby to help fill their void.  And, sometimes I swear they're in 'cahoots':  for instance, every now and then, Eddy does the same things Jade did. Think when that happens it's an extra sign to let us know they're still with us. Just continue loving your boy and watch for 'signs'.

It's been a windy winter around here also.  Due to the new-constructed wind tunnel, half of a shutter on an attic window got blown off!  The shutters are all screwed in! Found a piece of it in Eddy's yard. And, Friday nite my 'beware of dog - dog bites' sign got blown off the fence!  Everybody used to laugh about it anyways.  They open the gate and Eddy greets them and they play ball! At least he's no longer terrified of people - right! He's a very friendly soul. So now, I freak whenever we get super winds. Thought about a generator, but we're on the T&G line. Used to work for elec co.  When that goes down there's major problems everywhere!!!  I'm sure they've already got crew from Canada and down south heading up here.  So, hoping there'll be no extended outages.  I can handle 2-4", easy! 

@eddyandme  I have to tell you that Willie does MANY things that Quincy did.  He follows me everywhere.  He lays in the bathroom when I shower, put on my make up, when I dry my hair (bent over at the waist) , he comes and presses into my leg and I put my arm around him......just like my Quincy did.  I tell you, he warms my heart on a daily basis.  I like to take his face in my hands and look into his eyes and ask him "Is Quincy in there......maybe just a little?"

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs

I believe that Quincy completed his assignment here on earth and did it so very well that God called him back to reward him. However, love never dies, and Quincy's love for you never abated. He's keeping an eye out for you when he isn't right next to you. Kinda hovering like a loving parent. Quincy picked Willie out to take over his earthly job of loving and caring for you now. Willie is still, and most likely, will always be 'in training' being guided under Quincy's watchful eyes. And, that's why, quite often, Willie will do little things, that only Quincy once did! Just a special way of letting you know he's still with you!Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Willie is absolutely adorable. I'm like the other poster who said she would take him to the vet just to be sure.

That seems so odd, as you noted about your other dogs. If we mention the word "walk" our Lab hears us, wherever he is in the house, and runs to the door.