Respected Contributor

Grooming Tool for Cats, Dogs, even Horses!

It's that time of year when my kittys start shedding their winter coats.  These gloves, called "Hands On" are sold by Amazon. My furbabies absolutely love getting their coats massaged and their winter fur removed using these gloves - even more than brushing.  It is also much faster and cleaner.  And hairballs have been eliminated!

Here's more info:

• Handson gloves a true revolution in bathing, grooming and shedding
  • Wet or dry- an actual fitted pair of gloves with scrubbing nodules on fingers and palms
  • Outstanding shedder and the hair does not stick to the gloves
  • Better massages and stimulates circulation and distributes natural oils for a healthy skin and coat
  • Gently clean legs, faces, tight body contours and your hands and finger nails stay clean

Trusted Contributor

Re: Grooming Tool for Cats, Dogs, even Horses!

We have draft horses, and these gloves are the best for brushing their coat in the spring, and giving them a bath !!!

Esteemed Contributor

@hayseed00, @alliswell  Would this be mostly for short haired animals?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Super Contributor

I have these gloves.  They work ok on the long haired pekingese I have, just ok.  work even better on the sofa cushions.  I think that they would work really well on short haired animals.  

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogswrote:

@hayseed00, @alliswell  Would this be mostly for short haired animals?

@tends2dogs

If you look at the photos on Amazon, it shows long-haired dogs being groomed as well.  One of my cats has long hair and it does work wonderful.  They also sell a type of glove that looks more like, a "mitten."

Honored Contributor

QVC had these or a similar glove on yesterday.  There are several threads here about them.  They made the biggest mess on the set I ever saw.  The vendor, Dan Hughes, the floor, all clothing, and two malamutes were covered with loose fur.  I don't have a horse but theres no way I'd use those gloves on a dog.  I have collies and shelties, use a slicker brush and after every few strokes, I remove the fur, put it in a plastic bag and repeat.  I do it very fast, get all the fur, including the undercoat, and there's no mess.  Those gloves are just a gimmick...any rubber glove will do what they do.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I think for short haired animals.  Our cat that has thick, long fur doesn't like these gloves they just seem to pull at her fur and it hurts her.  Our horses on the other hand love these gloves and could be scrubbed and brushed all day with them.