Super Contributor

Grizzly Fun with Betty White!

[ Edited ]

So sweet

Esteemed Contributor

Seeing Betty White was an added bonus @darkhomespun 

Beautiful animal 

Honored Contributor

I think having a frail old lady snuggle up to a wild animal, especially one as large as a Grizzly Bear is using very very poor judgment.  It's still a wild animal and unpredictable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Grizzly Fun with Betty White!

Very sweet indeed, you can tell the bear is totally relaxed and happy with Betty next to him, and after some marshmallows, he really warms up to her and starts snuggling back with her, leaning into her, and even giving kisses.  Thanks for posting this, @darkhomespun , it made my day.

Esteemed Contributor

As sweet as it is, and it is sweet, @Kachina624  has a point.

If something had gone wrong, and Betty had been hurt by the bear, trust me, there would have been pages filled with posts calling for someone's head, and condemning the decision to put her next to a grizzly bear.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819.  By just swinging his head around to look at something, he could have sent her flying.  I've had horses do the to me and gotten hurt.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@darkhomespun 

@Kachina624 

@Anonymous032819 

@CamilleP 

@qvcfreak 

I was in awe of this - but must admit, as much as I love ALL animals - I'd never, ever, have the nerve to be in her spot just then, I'd soil my pants!!!!!

I mean, Grizzly Bears are my favorite bear and all, but I'd only snuggle up to a lil baby one. And even then my heart would be pounding with fright.

Respected Contributor

Betty White is an animal advocate which I like but I think she--or someone--used very poor judgement in pairing her up with a LARGE, WILD animal.

And I lost all respect for her when she was on SNL a few years ago and participated in some very vulgar skits. An older woman like that should have a little more self-respect.

George Carlin did the same thing--I'm not just criticizing her. When he was getting toward the end of his life, Carlin would use vulgar language just because he could, and by that time it had lost its shock value. And that was sad because earlier on he had brilliant jokes about the difference between baseball and football that were hilarious, and he never had to use any swear words.

I don't mind swearing in comedy but you don't say the words where they don't belong, just because you can.