Contributor

Re: Grieving Dog Finds New Home

I am happy to hear this story has a happy ending!  So many do not. I cannot post what I would like to do to people that mistreat dogs, but I do know so many dogs are much better than some people. Dogs could teach humans lessons, but some humans are too ignorant and heartless to learn.

Frequent Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Moose is a three year old lab mix. In their Facebook post Eleventh Hour said that Moose was found tied to a railroad sign in front of a shelter in rural Georgia in 2017. Eleventh Hour is in New Jersey, they took him in and he was adopted by the owner who just passed away. So Moose has had a tough life in his three years, I hope the rest of his life is wonderful.

@Greeneyedlady21 

Sweet puppy dog has been thru a lot. He deserves a happy life for sure.❤️

Thanks for the story posting.💗

Respected Contributor

Image result for dogs gods best creation

Esteemed Contributor

Pets--dogs or cats--hurt when their owner dies. If they are loved intensely, they grieve intensely for those who loved them.

Below is a photo of Dusty, my father-in-law's cat.  As he declined rapidly from lung cancer, my sister-in-law moved her into her home to care for him.  Of course Dusty came along.

When my father-in-law passed away, Dusty was inconsolable.  He kept looking for him, crying, acting restless.

But most heartbreaking of all, as we began to box-up my father-in-law's clothing for donation one day, we couldn't find Dusty and started to turn the house upside down.  We should have looked right under our noses, for Dusty had taken up residency in a box of his owner's clothes, holding on as once did when he used to sit on his owner's lap.  We let Dusty stay there until he was ready to move for good, which was more than a week.

Loss is loss, feline or canine:

Schmoo Dusty grief.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

A dog will mever abandon you.  A cat maybe, but never a dog.  That dog is beautiful. His posture says everything. Thank goodness, he has a home. 

@shoekitty- Those of us who love cats know that cats also feel pain and separation anxiety, when they lose a beloved "owner" and also other animal companions.  I've seen more than one of my cats over the years, search through the house for a departed "friend", even wailing.

Dogs and cats alike experience grief and know loyalty (as do many other animals, like elephants - the list goes on).

I'm glad Moose has found a new loving home.

@Venezia 

I have had cats all of my life...am

currently mommy to four (all rescues)...

and agree with everything that you wrote.

Greatly apurr-ciated. Heart

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Pets--dogs or cats--hurt when their owner dies. If they are loved intensely, they grieve intensely for those who loved them.

Below is a photo of Dusty, my father-in-law's cat.  As he declined rapidly from lung cancer, my sister-in-law moved her into her home to care for him.  Of course Dusty came along.

When my father-in-law passed away, Dusty was inconsolable.  He kept looking for him, crying, acting restless.

But most heartbreaking of all, as we began to box-up my father-in-law's clothing for donation one day, we couldn't find Dusty and started to turn the house upside down.  We should have looked right under our noses, for Dusty had taken up residency in a box of his owner's clothes, holding on as once did when he used to sit on his owner's lap.  We let Dusty stay there until he was ready to move for good, which was more than a week.

Loss is loss, feline or canine:

Schmoo Dusty grief.jpg

@Sammycat1 

This beautiful and poignant photo of

precious Dusty brought me to tears.

His grief and sadness are so clearly

evident in his precious face.

(((((HeartDUSTYHeart)))))

-------------------------------

Honored Contributor

@beastielove- We must be sisters in spirit.  From the time I could pretty much walk, I've been a cat person.  Everyone knew that, if they needed to find a home for a kitty, all they had to do was show up with it.  (My parents used to despair sometimes!  Woman Surprised )

In high school, my classmates all called me "Cat Lady".

I also now have four cats (three rescues and one beautiful grand dame Tonkinese, the head of the household).  They bring me the greatest joy in life.  My DH always jokes that he knows where he comes in the pecking order - just below the cats!  He loves them, too.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1  - Your story and that photo also brought tears to my eyes.  I've seen that happen over the years of being owned by many cats.  The love and loyalty our animals give is the most wonderful thing.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so happy that Moose has found a new home, which I hope is his forever home.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@beastielove- We must be sisters in spirit.  From the time I could pretty much walk, I've been a cat person.  Everyone knew that, if they needed to find a home for a kitty, all they had to do was show up with it.  (My parents used to despair sometimes!  Woman Surprised )

In high school, my classmates all called me "Cat Lady".

I also now have four cats (three rescues and one beautiful grand dame Tonkinese, the head of the household).  They bring me the greatest joy in life.  My DH always jokes that he knows where he comes in the pecking order - just below the cats!  He loves them, too.

@Venezia 

I got my first cat when I was 5 years

old as a birthday present (named him

Mittens) and from that time on I have

never not had a cat...or cats..in my

life.

Except for Mittens,all have been rescues,

each of whom were in desperate need

of a loving forever home.The most that

I ever had at the same time was six.

My kitties...Samantha,Olivia,Henry

and Jack,are sending you lots of

Happy Cat hugs!

(((((Cat Very HappyVENEZIACat Very Happy)))))

---------------------------------