Respected Contributor

Re: Grieving Dog Finds New Home

So happy he got a new home! The photo was heartbreaking but dogs are devoted to the end- Mans best friend. Mine is a blessing to me. Sweet beyond belief ! 

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

A dog will mever abandon you.  A cat maybe, but never a dog.  That dog is beautiful. His posture says everything. Thank goodness, he has a home. 

@shoekitty- Those of us who love cats know that cats also feel pain and separation anxiety, when they lose a beloved "owner" and also other animal companions.  I've seen more than one of my cats over the years, search through the house for a departed "friend", even wailing.

Dogs and cats alike experience grief and know loyalty (as do many other animals, like elephants - the list goes on).

I'm glad Moose has found a new loving home.

Respected Contributor

I'm not surprised that Moose has found a wonderful forever family. He deserves it. That photo is so moving it brings tears to my eyes. They always give us their best, most loving hearts.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia   Thank you for the kind words about cats.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I am happy to hear that Moose found a loving, 'forever home."This story is very bittersweet. Much love Moose.Heart

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the update!

This photo BROKE my heart, just seeing it again now makes me cry.

Our pets are so loving and loyal.........

Esteemed Contributor

A friend who worked at a no kill shelter took me out there to get my sixth old, sprayed female.  I joked that I ran a home for the seven of us.

Anyway on walks she got all happy when she saw a man in a overcoat (not a jacket) with one of those old guy billed caps.  She just danced up to the puzzled guy.

Broke my heart.

Respected Contributor

There is nothing like a dog's unconditional love.  I am so happy he found a new home.   Heart

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope Moose has a wonderful life.

Still very sad, heartbreaking photo.

I will remember this for a while.

Faithful til the end.

Frequent Contributor

I rescused my little shih tzu mix Panda a year ago this past April from a local rescue organization.  Her elderly owner passed away and no one in the family wanted to keep her so they dumped her at a animal shelter.  The rescue organization took her from the shelter and put her up for adoption and I adopted her! She was very matted, had to be shaved down and spayed, and had terrible teeth (she's about 7 now).  She is the sweetest little thing and it breaks my heart to think she lost her human and then was just taken to a shelter and left there - who does that!!!  Dogs are emotional, have feelings, experience loss, pain, etc, just like humans.  I'm so happy for Moose and of course happy for Panda as I adore her and she is a constant companion to my other fur baby Pancho!