Honored Contributor

The photo is so heartbreaking, but it did help Moose find a new home. I hope he'll be happy there and it will help his heart heal.

edit64252125_868402530189423_7815220292501897216_n.jpg

New Jersey dog has been adopted after a viral post on Facebook showed him sitting patiently next to his former owner’s hospital bed, not knowing he had passed away.

The dog, Moose, was returned to Eleventh Hour Rescue after his owner died. Eleventh Hour posted the photo and adoption request on June 17 and Moose was adopted by June 22.

“Please help Moose find a new home and a family for him to love,” the original post said. “He just needs people to help his heart heal.”

According to their Facebook, Eleventh Hour received multiple applications, thanks to the spread of the photo.

“Moose has been adopted by a wonderful family who will care for and love him for the rest of his life!” the updated post said. “Thank you again to everyone who shared his story!”

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Super Contributor

Re: Grieving Dog Finds New Home

@Greeneyedlady21   Thanks for sharing this! I love a happy ending.

Esteemed Contributor

This picture just breaks your heart, but hearing that Moose has a new family that will treasure him is so wonderful.

Honored Contributor

Moose is a three year old lab mix. In their Facebook post Eleventh Hour said that Moose was found tied to a railroad sign in front of a shelter in rural Georgia in 2017. Eleventh Hour is in New Jersey, they took him in and he was adopted by the owner who just passed away. So Moose has had a tough life in his three years, I hope the rest of his life is wonderful.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

YOU GO MOOSE!  😍

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Incredible devotion...undying love!  Bless his beautiful heart and soul!

Respected Contributor

I was so happy to hear that Moose found a loving home!  His owner in heaven must have had something to do with it!

Honored Contributor

A dog will mever abandon you.  A cat maybe, but never a dog.  That dog is beautiful. His posture says everything. Thank goodness, he has a home. 

Honored Contributor

That's great news.

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21   How sad and how happy! 

When my husband was in hospice I took his dog to visit. When I put him on the bed he gave many kisses and settled down to his spot by my husbands feet. The nurses were crying and so was I.