Respected Contributor

He stopped eating yesterday and there's no way he could have waited until Friday. So I took him in this morning and said goodbye. He was such a good kitty. He was purring for me until the end. 

Having lost Spike only 3 months after losing Charlie is so very, very hard. I feel like I've lost Charlie all over again. 

Honored Contributor

070CEE8E-FBFB-441A-AA99-52C5BDF4F57C.jpeg

❤️🐾💔

Trusted Contributor

I know how hard it is, and I'm very sorry! 

I have 3 girls at the Bridge, plus childhood pets, that will welcome him. 

Just like our human family and friends, I believe our pets would want us to celebrate their lives, and remember them with happiness 🐈 May his memory always give you that! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sushismom 

We all understand your pain and I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to your sweet Spike.  Letting them go is our gift even though it leaves a hole in our hearts.

Having lost many kitties over the years, and because I'm older, I made a decision to not adopt any more, but to help local rescues as much as possible.  While I don't work with the animals, my financial help enables them to focus on fostering and adoptions, and TNR work.

As much as I miss having lots of kitties, this brings me great comfort.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sushismom  I am so sorry.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@Sushismom 

I am so sorry that you lost your beloved kitty!💔😥😭

You did the kindest, most loving and compassionate thing possible.

It is never easy to make that heart breaking decision, but it is because we love them so much, that we can't bare to have them suffer, so we give them one final gift of love, and that's to ease their crossing over the Rainbow Bridge.

My heart goes out to you.

You have my most heartfelt, sincere and deepest condolences on the loss of your beloved kitty.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Im so sorry, losing our pets is one of life's hardest things we have to endure.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Sushismom 

I'm so sorry to hear this news -- you did the right thing, which you know. It took great courage to let him go, which you know, too. He's better off now, which you also know.

But it doesn't make it hurt any less, not one iota, not right now, especially because you just lost Charlie.

Your boy lived a life with you full of kitty abundance and love--all the way, nothing held back. He had a rich and vibrant life; I can tell by the way you've talked about him.

I hope realizing that will, over time, bring you some measure of comfort and peace.  You've been a great Cat Mom! Heart

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom   I'm so very sorry for your loss.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Sushismom 

I'm so sorry.  My heart hurts for Sweet Spike & you.  Difficult decisions don't come easy but you've had the inner strength to see that Spike is out of his discomfort.  I'm sure he's at The Bridge & happy meeting his new pet family.  He thanks you from the bottom of his heart for loving & caring for him.  Heart