Respected Contributor

Re: Good grief, Petunia Is Having A Tantrum!

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Petunia's Mother (DD) has been working from home since mid-March.  Well, she had to go to the office this morning (just for today) and then work from home again.

Petunia has been meowing and crying since she left at 7:30 this am.  She jumped on me and rolled around on my lap then jumped to the end table and proceeded to knock stuff off.  She hasn't done that since she was a kitten. She pulled down a bag I had that was full of plastic grocery bags.  Pulled several out and scattered them on the kitchen floor.  Then it was into a small closet under the stairs. She likes to hide in there.  She knocked things off a shelf in there.

I don't think she is happy about DD leaving today.  DD has gone to the store and such and Miss P was fine.  Today, oh boy. Not so much.

It's going to ne a long day. DD won't be home until 6:30 or so.

I'm just going to throw this out: Since this is a change to DD's schedule as well, did she remember to feed Petunia before she left? My cats sometimes get agitated around mealtime. Hopefully that's not the cause, but it's an easy fix if it is.

Petunia is a very special cat. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Thank you for posting Petunia's picture.  I love her and have missed seeing her picture!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann  Yep, fed and got fresh water.  That is the first thing daughter does when she gets up,  feed and water the troops and then clean out litter boxes.

Poor Petunia, food, water, toys all over, me here for stritches and an occasional treat and numerous comfy napping spots.

The little beast is spoiled rotten.  She is just in a snit.

Last night DD was playing with her and when she stopped after 15 minutes Petunia took a flying leap and stood on the arm of the recliner, her front paws on DD's shoulder and meowed loudly in her face.  She want to keep playing.

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  Oh, you are welcome.  I was glad to read Ava got had a good vet visit and seems to have settled in to her new home.

How is Henry doing with the new arrival?

I hope your sister is doing well.

Honored Contributor

Petunia is adorable, and those eyes are full of mischief ! 😻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@noodleann  Yep, fed and got fresh water.  That is the first thing daughter does when she gets up,  feed and water the troops and then clean out litter boxes.

Poor Petunia, food, water, toys all over, me here for stritches and an occasional treat and numerous comfy napping spots.

The little beast is spoiled rotten.  She is just in a snit.

Last night DD was playing with her and when she stopped after 15 minutes Petunia took a flying leap and stood on the arm of the recliner, her front paws on DD's shoulder and meowed loudly in her face.  She want to keep playing.

That's funny, but I can imagine it could be annoying. Isn't Petunia the cat who played fetch with herself on the stairs? Maybe if you "activated" that game by going upstairs and tossing down a toy, she'd give you a break.

I still think she's adorable, and very smart. Good luck. Just 5 hours to 6:30!

Honored Contributor

She wants DD's attention and she is not getting it.  Try to play with Petunia and pet her.  She will settle down.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann  She still plays catch by herself.  She has a cat tunnel with 3 tunnels and where they join in the middle there is an opening.  She loves to go in and "hide" and you have to put your hand in the opening and touch her. She shoots out, hunkers down and goes in another tube. Rinse and repeat.  Sometomes she jumps out the opening in the middle and grabs your hand.

She would do that for hours if we could.  When she gets really excited from playing then the wild cat runs start. As fast as those little feet can go, room to room and up and down the steps, then back in the tunnel.She will move the tunnel a good 4 ft. running into it.

If we ignore her the head pops out the middle part waiting for your attention. When we say her name she ducks down and hides waiting for you.

Too smart for her own good.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1  We were playing and then I was holding her while talking to her and petting her.

When I put her down was when she went in the kitchen and got the bags all over.

Occasional Contributor

Awww a kittycat up to mischief.  Heart