Esteemed Contributor

Re: Good grief, Petunia Is Having A Tantrum!

@Katcat1  You should have seen Petunia when DD came home from work.  P hears the car in the driveway and shot off the windowsill toward the door.

When dd came in I heard her "hey, little girl, did you have a good day?"  Petunia was meowing and talking.

DD went to the kitchen to put our dinner on the counter, Petunia following.  When they came in the LR and Petunia shot into the tunnel and waited for DD to come play.  She did.

That darn cat was beside herself.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Katcat1  You should have seen Petunia when DD came home from work.  P hears the car in the driveway and shot off the windowsill toward the door.

When dd came in I heard her "hey, little girl, did you have a good day?"  Petunia was meowing and talking.

DD went to the kitchen to put our dinner on the counter, Petunia following.  When they came in the LR and Petunia shot into the tunnel and waited for DD to come play.  She did.

That darn cat was beside herself.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 , 

So very sweet.

When our son was a teen, his cat would hear him pull into the driveway, and she would get on the back of the chair closest to the front door. 

She would meow-yell until he was inside the house. Heart

Her name Miss Kitty. She lived 18 years. 

Trusted Contributor

yessssssssss, Miss Petunia is very happy, thank you for the update @CrazyKittyLvr2 

images.jpeg

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I adore Miss P. and her antics, but if you're ever interested in our method of curbing the worst habit of our little devil hybrid Bengal, let me know.  Was not painful for him, but somewhat...humiliating...enough to stop him with a word and distraction.

Like Miss P. and Tess, Rocko used to love ambushing our Millie and scruffing her by the neck while she was sleeping peacefully...and trust me, as much as we loved that little devil, he was not the sharpest crayon in the box.  LOL

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb  Poor Rocko. Yes, anything to get P from annoying Tess.

Our dog, 1/2 springer spaniel and 1/2 basset, was our dull crayon. He was so sweet but, oh dear.

Petunia is too smart for her own good.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

My DH used the "Bink" method.  A simple index finger/thumb flick on the top of his head.  Not hard, but just enough to get Rocko's attention, accompanied by a loud verbal "BINK".

We employed it whenever we noticed him stalking her (crouch with butt wiggle).   He eventually learned and responded to us merely saying the word "bink" or "Rocko, you're gonna get binked!".  Pretty funny, he'd kinda flatten his ears and squint his eyes like he WAS being binked.  LOL

Good luck!  (and I love to hear Petunia stories, too.  Never boring with that kitty around...)Cat LOL

Denise
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb  Thanks, I'll tell DD about binking.  Petunia will probably think it is a game.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Maybe, lol  Millie would play "chase" with Rocko several times a day and wrestle.  When he got too rough, she punished him with worse than a bink - she'd BONK his head on the floor, turn him on his back and take him by the throat.

Think she had practice with the stud males and disciplining her many kittens over the years. 

Which is why she deserved a pleasant retirement home without being woken up by that little brat. Woman Very Happy  And Rocko was offended more than hurt by our "binks".

Denise