Esteemed Contributor

Eddy had his first Dr.'s appt with the Vet who makes house calls.  She also treated my precious Jade and helped her survive comfortably as long as she did.

We both were glad to see one another again 'cause we had gone thru so much together. She loves Eddy.  I think he's got a crush on his doctor, the little flirt!  Anyways, for the good news:  she said the rescue people got it wrong on Eddy's age!  After thoroughly examining him, she believes he's actually around five or six years old!  I told her I was gonna contact Healthy Paws and let them know.  This will reduce my annual premium by $300!

OT:  Now for a dumb question.  Got my Prime Pantry today.  My bag of Tostitos Roasted Red Pepper nachos came broken and open.  Now, hate to toss out the whole bag and was thinking of feeding them to the turkeys, birds, squirrels who come to munch daily.  Do you think these would be safe to feed the wildlife?  Just hate to waste them.

Valued Contributor

You go  girl,always good to have a great vet.I know about not wanting to waste,but I think the seasoning would not be good for the critters .Love prime pantry, love the customer service...MaryAnne 

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme, I also have a vet that comes to the house and it becomes a party instead of a vet visit.  What a difference that makes.

As for Prime Pantry, I would be notifying Amazon.  It is not a service if the product arrives damaged.  I also would not feed it to the wildlife as there could be an ingredient that would be dangerous for them.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

You are so lucky to have a vet that makes housecalls. No vet does  housecalls by me. Glad to hear the good news.

I also agree not to give the chips to the wildlife. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

That's great that you get to reduce your pet insurance payment!  I have Healthy Paws, too, and have been very happy with them.  I agree with the others about not feeding that to the birds and critters.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone.  And yes, I'm so fortunate she makes housecalls! She's top notch: even Tufts wanted to know the protcol we worked out for Jade, which hopefully will enable them to help other dogs. Also, appreciate her reviewing Eddy's medical records and stating he's really half the age estimated in his records!  Everyone who met Eddy always were surprised his age, as stated; this makes sense.

And thanks for your good advice.  I will not feed them nachos, but will feed them to the garbage instead!  Unfortunately, Amazonsmile could not replace them as they were sold out.  Better for the diet!

Have a good nite!

Honored Contributor

I just want to say that for us, the reader, it's incredibly nice to read something titled "Good News" in the Pet forum. 

Thank you, @eddyandme  I am very happy for you, your vet, and all the lucky creatures who live with you now, have in the past, and will in the future.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.