Honored Contributor

Good Experience With Petsitter Staying In My Home

As many of you know, my French Bulldog Ava is afraid of strangers and shakes.  I've had her for fourteen months.  I don't have much company, but due to Covid have had even less.  I was very worried about going out of town.  

I always boarded my other dogs and would have a petsitter come in each day to feed my cats and scoop the litter box.  There's no way I could board Ava.. I have a friend (acquaintance) that I've known for at least 20 years that is a professional petsitter.  She stayed with Ava and Henry (my cat) while I was gone.  I trust her completely.

I told her if she would sit on the couch with Ava and pet her tummy that I thought she would warm up to her.  The first day she texted me that she was sitting on the couch with her, and she wasn't shaking!  I was so happy.

She said she felt like it all went well.  Ava ate well and pottied well while I was gone.  I was worried about that, too.  When I got her she didn't pee for a day and a half and didn't eat for longer than that.  I think she was better for the petsitter because she was in her own home.  Henry only came out at night, but did get on the bed with her and let her pet him.  That didn't surprise me.  I wasn't worried about him though.

Now I feel like I can go out of town again and leave them with this petsitter.  I'm so relieved that everything went well.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Good Experience With Petsitter Staying In My Home

@NickNack   I know it's a relief for you to know they'll be safe and happy while you're gone.  How about a nice cruise now? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@NickNack That's wonderful. Your friend sounds like an absolute gem! Glad Henry and Ava did so well with her and what a relief to you as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh @NickNack  I’m so happy everything went well. And now you have someone who can watch your babies and it gives you piece of mind. Win Win

Regular Contributor

I'm so delighted that you had a good petsitting experience.  Our pets are so valuable to us. I lost my precious pup not very long ago and she left a hole in my heart.  I take it that Ava is your avatar.  What a precious girl.  It's nice to know that Ava and Henry will be well taken care of by your sweet friend.

Honored Contributor

@greenjean1 wrote:

I'm so delighted that you had a good petsitting experience.  Our pets are so valuable to us. I lost my precious pup not very long ago and she left a hole in my heart.  I take it that Ava is your avatar.  What a precious girl.  It's nice to know that Ava and Henry will be well taken care of by your sweet friend.

Thank you @greenjean1 .  I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's so hard to lose a special pet.  Yes, Ava is my avatar.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  So glad that you had such a good experience.  It is always a relief to know that you have someone who you can depend on.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Thank you for the update, I was wondering how the sweeties coped.  Glad to know they did so well, next time they will be experienced hands with pet sitting.

This calls for photos!  Please.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

That's wonderful that it all worked out for you, Sweet Ava & Handsome Henry, & Petsitter.  What a relief!  Nice to come home with no worries & a calm house.  I envy you.

Hubby & I haven't been away  since 2019.  His large 100 lb. blk. lab doesn't take to strangers well & she didn't get us a good report from the kennel in 2019.  It's strange because when he first adopted her (Connie) strangers didn't bother her as much as they do now .. probably because she's so protective of my hubby.??  Also, as you know, I have 2 senior (going on 20 yrs. old next month) kitty sisters that I worry about.  Even if I can find someone to feed & take care of their litter, the worry is still there if something happens to either of them.  Oh well, we'll see what the future holds as far as getting away .. maybe I'll convince myself to take the chance ..

Good luck on your future trips.

Respected Contributor

@NickNack , that's so great it went well, such a relief,  I know!!   I occasionally use a pet sitting service just to let my dogs out here.  I'm fenced in and Gabriel is quite familiar with everything.  I was so worried when I first tried it out, but ever since it has been great,  no more worries.  They even take videos of my dogs outside and in.  Now, it's just Gabe, but I haven't had to call on them yet.  Hes really good staying by himself for a few hour hours or so.