Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Must be among the most patient and loving of dogs.  Either that, or they sleep very deeply.

Screenshot_20211014-140348_Chrome_kindlephoto-180781445.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Must be among the most patient and loving of dogs.  Either that, or they sleep very deeply.

As a Golden pet parent, I can say without a doubt that they are the most patient, sweet and loving of dogs!  After having our Golden, I don't think we'll be satisfied with any other breed.  We love her with all our hearts.  She's 8.5 years old and we are still amazed at how sweet she is.  ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I babysat a Golden Retriever at times.  He was the most tolerant and nicest dog I ever met.

Respected Contributor

Sadly, I do not trust my dogs with my parakeets.

Unfortunately, many years ago I had one parakeet escape from a small cage (she opened the door with her beak), and I believe my dog at the time ate her!!

Now I have a very large impenetrable, and somewhat indestructible cage (also escape -proof) to keep everybody safe and happy.

Perhaps a dog could be trained to behave, but I also have cats, and their hunting instinct is eternal.

Honored Contributor

My heart belongs  to all my goldens.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

My friend had one just like the picture.

Unfortunately, he was plagued with seizures.

The vet said sometimes that breed will have those.  

Together, they kept him alive for longer than was expected.

She gets so sad when she talks about him.  He died not long after she lost her husband.

I always tell her that the fact she got through all of that says she's stronger than she gives herself credit for.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest    How is the pup?  Is the training going well?  Housebreaking?  Keep the pictures coming as many here need puppy fixes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

My heart belongs  to all my goldens.

I couldn't agree more!  ❤❤❤  In fact, I'm a little jealous of your nick.  Wish I had claimed it before you!  {*_*}

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

Goldens are the sweetest dogs ever.

One of my goldens loved birds so much. She loved watching and listening to them every morning when I would let her out. Then one spring a robin made a nest on my deck and my golden guarded it like it was her own family. She would check the nest everyday and make sure everything was okay She would sit and watch the chicks as they grew up. When that nest was empty she knew it and I could tell by they way she acted it was empty. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@goldensrbest    How is the pup?  Is the training going well?  Housebreaking?  Keep the pictures coming as many here need puppy fixes.

Not house broken yet ,working on it ,but the chewing,and biting is the worst i remember ,with all my dogs, i have marks all over arms,hands ,he draws blood, my skin is thin,i have always bruised so easily.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.