Respected Contributor

Re: Going To Visit A New Dog This Week

@Nicknack, for some reason, your description of this little girl brought tears to my eyes. That was so poignant about getting her feelings hurt and retreating to her crate but going out there to try again. Bless you for your willingness to understand and accept her as she is. Please forgive me for being so emotional about her. I know you have been going through a very difficult time. Hope to see some pictures. 

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining   If I decide to get her I'll post pictures tonight.  I'm going to see her at 5:00 today.  My niece is going with me.  I plan to take pictures of her today.

I hope I can bring her home today if I want to.  The breeder has already spayed her and told me that she would get her booster shots done before I took her home.  I would be happy to do that though in order to bring her home today.  I'll have to take her to my Vet soon anyway, because I want to get Pet Insurance for her.  She has to have an exam for that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack @Silver Lining 

You will know if this little girl,is a good fit for you, but like @Silver Lining I too felt emotional reading about her. She sounds so unhappy. I think she needs you as much as you need her. I'm praying this will go as it's intended to be. God Bless you for giving her a chance. ❤️

Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

Take your time to decide what is best for all concerned even if a delay is necessary. I've been sort of keeping an eye out for a new member of my little family. I've been interested in three or four but size, temperament and previous experience are factors. I love my two purr-babies and they loved my pupsters so we want a middle-aged, mid-sized, cat-friendly companion. I'll be thinking of you.

Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

I promise to stop talking so much. Just a thought. It might be a good idea to go this afternoon to meet her for the first time. You'll probably want to take her home tonight but consider this. Let the breeder tend to the shots and stuff. This little girl will be more comfortable with the person she already knows taking her to get those done. Go back to take her home a tad later, maybe a day or so. It will be her second time being around you so it won't be a total surprise. 

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining   That's very good advice.  I will try to make myself adhere to it.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I can't wait to see pics. I know there is now way I'd be able to leave without her if I fell in love. Good Luck! 

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Silver Lining   That's very good advice.  I will try to make myself adhere to it.

Good. She won't associate you with shots or whatever. However, it might be such overwhelming love at first sight........... 

Okay, enough from me. 

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

Good. She won't associate you with shots or whatever. However, it might be such overwhelming love at first sight........... 

Okay, enough from me. 

@Silver Lining   I'm happy to hear any advice you have.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

This is Ava.  I'm going to get her but didn't bring her home today.  The breeder wants to take her to her Vet to get her shots.  She will try to get an appointment on Friday, and I can pick her up any time after that.

She is very sweet but also very shy.  The breeder thinks it will take her a couple of weeks to get adjusted to my house and then she'll be fine.  She puts her ears back like this when she's not completely comfortable I think.  They weren't back when we got there.  She answered all my questions, and I was able to ask them conversationally and not like I was quizzing her.  I'll bring her home just as soon as I can.

B2ABCE76-99BA-417B-BD91-A021BFF81181_1_201_a.jpeg

-Henry David Thoreau