Respected Contributor

Re: Going To Visit A New Dog This Week

I am so happy for you.  Please keep us posted on your find.  I hope that the frenchie will be a wonderful companion and can help to mend your broken heart.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack

<snip>

I plan to take pictures tomorrow when I go visit her.  The breeder sent me a picture of her.  I just don't feel like it's mine to post yet.  I honestly don't know if she ever bred her.  That's a question that's on my list for tomorrow.  I've got a list of questions.  I hope I'm able to get through them all without sounding too pushy or something.

@NickNack 

Hope you find the perfect comrade for you and Henry!

Saying something you know; a breeder should welcome the opportunity to answer your questions - shows you are a concerned, conscientious, loving Mom, Which of course you are.

Will Sweet Henry go along to give his opinions ? 😉 

What did he say when you told him about it?

Good Wishes to You, and please post photos.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@NickNack

<snip>

I plan to take pictures tomorrow when I go visit her.  The breeder sent me a picture of her.  I just don't feel like it's mine to post yet.  I honestly don't know if she ever bred her.  That's a question that's on my list for tomorrow.  I've got a list of questions.  I hope I'm able to get through them all without sounding too pushy or something.

@NickNack 

Saying something you know; a breeder should welcome the opportunity to answer your questions - shows you are a concerned, conscientious, loving Mom, Which of course you are.

Thank you @Drythe .  I don't know how Henry will feel about this.  When I brought Henry home and Frankie was already here, he hissed and hissed and hissed.  His back arched, and his hair was standing up on end.  They worked things out pretty quickly though and became friends.  Frankie just ignored him when he did that.  Here's a picture of Henry with his back arched and hair sticking up at Frankie.😊

D9247FAC-CC06-431D-B822-2AE2893645B6_1_105_c.jpeg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack  I hope the breeder understands that  you only ask because if all goes well Ava will be with you forever.  You ask because you care.

Sorry, but that photo of Henry all puffed up made me smile.  " UH OH,  DOG!  Gotta make myself look BIG!"  while I can immagine that Ms. Frankie was supremely Unimpressed. 

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Thank you @Drythe .  I don't know how Henry will feel about this.  When I brought Henry home and Frankie was already here, he hissed and hissed and hissed.  His back arched, and his hair was standing up on end.  They worked things out pretty quickly though and became friends.  Frankie just ignored him when he did that.  Here's a picture of Henry with his back arched and hair sticking up at Frankie.😊

D9247FAC-CC06-431D-B822-2AE2893645B6_1_105_c.jpeg

@NickNack 

Henry is such a cutie!  Frankie might have been the first dog he met. ?

As the Mom of a multi Cat / Dog family, I agree, they work it out!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe   Yes, I do think Frankie was probably the first dog Henry had ever met.  I think the second time will be easier, although Henry and Frankie became friends pretty quickly.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

I'm so happy you're on your next step going forward.  I wish you the best of luck in finding your new furbaby.  Think of it as in memory of your Sweet Frankie.   It will never replace her, but you'll find comfort once again.  Not to mention, all animals need loving homes.

I hope Henry approves .. I'm sure you can do no wrong in his eyes  Cat Very Happy

You have a BIG heart @NickNack   Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll lay dollars to doughnuts that Henry will welcome a new housemate - after all, he already did once and he's got to be missing his buddy.

Best of luck to all!

Denise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@candys mine wrote:

@NickNack  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that Ava and you click.  Is she a retired breeder?  If so can you get any "family" photos?  Good thoughts going out to Ava that She's gonna Love it at your house!   P.S. HI, HENRY!!

@candys mine   I plan to take pictures tomorrow when I go visit her.  The breeder sent me a picture of her.  I just don't feel like it's mine to post yet.  I honestly don't know if she ever bred her.  That's a question that's on my list for tomorrow.  I've got a list of questions.  I hope I'm able to get through them all without sounding too pushy or something.

I'm very happy for you! I've been "dogless" for several months due to my two senior guys crossing the rainbow bridge within months of each other. No, you are absolutely not being pushy to have all of your questions answered. It is reasonable and important to know if Ava was used for breeding, how many times, how many puppies and if/when she was spayed. All of those things relate to her health and behavior. I'm not implying there was neglect or maltreatment. 

I would want to know why the breeder is selling a 3 1/2 year old dog, especially if Ava is a pet. I'm rooting for you and Ava!! My cats and I are still in mourning for our pupsters and hope to give another one or two a new home pretty soon. Best wishes to you!!!

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@candys mine wrote:

@NickNack  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that Ava and you click.  Is she a retired breeder?  If so can you get any "family" photos?  Good thoughts going out to Ava that She's gonna Love it at your house!   P.S. HI, HENRY!!

@candys mine   I plan to take pictures tomorrow when I go visit her.  The breeder sent me a picture of her.  I just don't feel like it's mine to post yet.  I honestly don't know if she ever bred her.  That's a question that's on my list for tomorrow.  I've got a list of questions.  I hope I'm able to get through them all without sounding too pushy or something.

I'm very happy for you! I've been "dogless" for several months due to my two senior guys crossing the rainbow bridge within months of each other. No, you are absolutely not being pushy to have all of your questions answered. It is reasonable and important to know if Ava was used for breeding, how many times, how many puppies and if/when she was spayed. All of those things relate to her health and behavior. I'm not implying there was neglect or maltreatment. 

I would want to know why the breeder is selling a 3 1/2 year old dog, especially if Ava is a pet. I'm rooting for you and Ava!! My cats and I are still in mourning for our pupsters and hope to give another one or two a new home pretty soon. Best wishes to you!!!

Thank you @Silver Lining .  I'm very sorry for the loss of your two senior dogs.  The breeder wants to sell this dog because she feels she's overwhelmed living with a lot of other dogs.  She says that she will go out and play with the other dogs.  Then she gets her feelings hurt and comes back in to her crate.  After a short time she goes back out and plays with the dogs again.  She says she is extremely sweet but fearful of new things.  She wants her to be loved and cared for so she can blossom into a more confidant girl.

She thinks she will do better as an only dog with one on one attention and love.  It sounds like she's shy, which is fine as long as she would be trusting and loving with me after a while.  The breeder thinks it may take her a little while to settle in with me, and then she will be trusting and happy to be here.

This is a very reputable breeder and I feel she's being honest with me.  

I'm not really worried about Henry.  He and Frankie got along, and this dog lives with a cat.

-Henry David Thoreau