Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@goldensrbest    I would never buy a puppy at 70.  I would just adopt an adult dog... or  even a senior pup. Overall a better fit for someone who  needs a dog that is already done with puppy-ness...  or a senior dog that may only have a number of years left  but that would appriciate those years with you.

@SeaMaiden, cambrige is 10 ,we know she is on limited time in years, i am totally alone , no husband ,he died in 2013, been very tough these years ,and losing spirit really hurt deeply. 

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

Re: Getting a pup, at 70

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest  Get that new puppy home and have the best time ever. Enjoy every moment. I'm in your corner and wish you and pooch all the best !!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@chessielady wrote:

@Puppy Lips  Agree about a Husky as a guide dog ! As long as you wanted to go where the Husky wanted to go all would be well ! A husky can be a great dog as long as you understand a Husky mind set...I  think a Husky does what a Husky wants with not too much regard for the other end of the leash !  Enjoy your pup !!

@chessielady Haha, thank you  - my first good laugh of the day!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Contributor

I am 75, I have two shihtzu ...They are my loves and my emotional support... I had knee replacement surgery 3 months ago... no problem with them and walking them... they helped me exercise.. nothing like it..

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

I think you need to get this puppy, and am sure you will enjoy having him in your life! 

This question would be answered much differently for me, as I have never had inside pets, and can't imagine starting now at 66.   

Growing up on a farm, we had several animals to care for, but they were not pets.   Even our hunting dogs were not allowed to be our pets.   

The 2 dogs we have now, live outside.   They came here with severe social issues, and while there has been much improvement with both, they could NEVER be inside dogs. My husband and I have made it clear these 2 are the last dogs we will care for, period.     

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

Is today the day your little boy comes home?

Contributor

Yes!!  I am 76 and recently adopted a 10 week toy poodle.  I've been blessed with good health so am still 42 in my head. He is the light of my life.

My sweet Cody passed in July 2019.  I. Was. Devasted.  He lived a long life but still....it was hard.  Anyhow, I had to wait to grieve him but when God gave me the go ahead....I went!!

Toby Keith Cody. 

Super congratulations....he will bring many blessings into your life.  Enjoy your new puppy.

And please come back and tell us all about him!