Honored Contributor

Re: Geo. Clooney Rescues Dog w/ Birth Defect for Parents' Xmas Gift

@Pearlee

Lovely story ..... I see that, since his marriage, George Clooney has become a dog person!   Heart

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Pearlee

Lovely story ..... I see that, since his marriage, George Clooney has become a dog person!   Heart

@Tinkrbl44  LOL, as opposed to a pig person? Remember he had that potbellied pig for years and years? 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Pearlee

@Tinkrbl44  LOL, as opposed to a pig person? Remember he had that potbellied pig for years and years? 

Yes, I remember that!   LOL  Someone gave it to him as a gift, and he took a liking to it and kept it until it died.    

Respected Contributor

Well, la di da!  Many of us have shelter pets but don't feel the need to publicize it.  Clooney seems very hypocritical to me.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

Well, la di da!  Many of us have shelter pets but don't feel the need to publicize it.  Clooney seems very hypocritical to me.

@Ms X It's your attitude I find problematic.  I don't think Clooney did want to publicize it.  The shelter did, because it figured the publicity would only help them both to adopt out more pets and financially.   I doubt whether any of it was Clooney's doing, except maybe asking that his parents be left in peace during the holidays, which the shleter respected.  I'm really sorry you brought such negativity to an uplifting thread. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Ms X It's your attitude I find problematic.  I don't think Clooney did want to publicize it.  The shelter did, because it figured the publicity would only help them both to adopt out more pets and financially.   I doubt whether any of it was Clooney's doing, except maybe asking that his parents be left in peace during the holidays, which the shleter respected.  I'm really sorry you brought such negativity to an uplifting thread. Smiley Sad

Negativity, shmegativity!  I've always found Clooney to be hypocritical.  One only has to observe what he says and how he lives to see that. 

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

Negativity, shmegativity!  I've always found Clooney to be hypocritical.  One only has to observe what he says and how he lives to see that. 

@Ms X wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Ms X Which has nothing to do with this thread.  This thread is about a happy pet adoption and anything Clooney or the shelter has done to promote pet adoptions to good homes, esp. pet adoptions of special needs pets, and to promote donations to animal shelters is a terrific thing.    Please take your negativity elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Ms X Which has nothing to do with this thread.  This thread is about a happy pet adoption and anything Clooney or the shelter has done to promote pet adoptions to good homes, esp. pet adoptions of special needs pets, and to promote donations to animal shelters is a terrific thing.    Please take your negativity elsewhere.

As I said, Pearley, many people, including myself, adopt shelter pets.

New Contributor

I have lived in Augusta, Kentucky my whole life. It is quite a small town, but the folks here are fantastic. The Clooney's live a short distance from me. I have not yet seen the new dog, but I am sure I will. George's parents are out and about and super friendly.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Pearlee      Thank you ....  it was a nice story, but leave it to some to still find a way to be nasty.  What a pity.