Respected Contributor

Sadly, Dear Tuck-Tucks has passed beyond.  He had weakened steadily the past couple of weeks.  His appitite failed to just nibbling his favourites.  Not enough to sustain him.  Mr. had a zoom vid lesson from the Vet how to syringe feed the old boy.  They did well.  I watched from outside the poarch during a feeding session. Mr was so concrned he'd hurt his little guy.  Team Tuck-Tucks got throught that too, but even so he still lost weight and strength.  He was STILL WALKING though, Amazing cat that he was even if it was only a cuople steps at a time. 

SO, after a day of major bonding and cuddles and all the poached salmon he could eat They brought him for the final farewell.  Mr. went in with his buddy and they told me when it was done Mr. brought Tuck-Tucks out in a blanket lined box so Mrs could have a minute with him.  Bless them for that.  When they were ready they put Tuck-Tucks in the open trunk and called in to the office and a tech came out to get him. 

July 31st,  4 days shy of the 2 year mark  from his initial Heart disease diagnosis  Tuck-Tuck has gone to his rest.  Goodbye Very good Cat.  You will be remembered well and loved always.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: GOODBYE to a Very Good Cat

So sorry for your loss.

Esteemed Contributor

Aw! I've been there. I lost one of my fur persons to heart issues, but he lived to be 17 1/2, so I guess I was lucky. I'll never forget him, and I miss him terribly even though I have two cats now and he's been gone 12 years. We shared a soul. My condolences for your loss. It will take time and he will linger in the nooks and crannies for a while. 

Honored Contributor

24A1B589-CC48-44CF-8CAA-DCDE75A000B2.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@candys mine Your post was so heartfelt.....I am so sorry for the loss of your very good cat.  I'm sure you will remember him fondly forever.  😢

Honored Contributor

@candys mine   I'm so very sorry for your loss.  I know you loved Tuck-Tucks so much.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@candys mine 

I'm so very sorry for you & Mr.  It's so sad when we lose our furbabies.  They mean the world to us.

I wish you both peace, knowing Tuck-Tucks is in a better place & being welcomed with open "paws" by all other furbabies at The Bridge.  He's in a happy place.  He'll remember you always with love & is smiling down upon you.

Take care.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@candys mine   I am sorry for the loss you and Mr. are going through.  It hurts to the core, I know. 

We have not 'conversed' before, but by reading your post, I feel sure that Tuck-Tucks was also a Very Lucky Cat to have been loved by you both.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

So very sorry for your loss.

Esteemed Contributor

So very sorry for your loss.  Tucks-Tucks is now a healthy, happy cat watching over his loving family, sending kitty-kisses and consoling snuggles, and waiting 'til you're together again.