Esteemed Contributor

GOOD NEWS ABOUT YOUNG MOM TREATED FOR CANCERI

I would like to tell you all that Brittany is doing very well.  She was treated with Proton Radiation at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, where 99% and then some of her brain tumor was removed.  She is in good spirits, two young children doing well, and little baby is thriving.  Thanks to her parents, grandmother, and DH who has taken some time from his job.                    

And I have so much gratitude to God, her doctors, and the vast number of wonderful forum friends who sent well wishes and prayers her way.  The tumor she had was very bad and so often fatal.  My appreciation for “storming heaven with prayers.”  I will never forget your kindness.

Honored Contributor

Re: GOOD NEWS ABOUT YOUNG MOM TREATED FOR CANCERI

@PamfromCT that is just the best news ever.Thanks for posting .I know someone in Canada recently diagnosed with the same.He is not given any hope.

I will mention th type of radiation used to remove your relatives tumor and that it was a success...maybe there is hope for him too.He is only 42 and has a young daughter.

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT   That is fabulous news.  I"m so glad to hear she is doing well.  Will continue to pray that she continues to make good progress and is up and playing with those dear babies very soon.

Thank you for the update and such a good way to start my day with such great news!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

@dex, Thank you for your sweet reply.  As I understand it, there was a time where her insurance company had to convinced that this type of Proton Radiation therapy was necessary.  Must have been more expensive...I don’t know all the details.  Am I surprised.  May this young man be blessed with all the treatment he deserves.  Brittany’s treatment, I believe, was also done with input from Sloan Kettering, also in Boston, as you know.  

My SIL had a major scare several years ago.  He had a mass atop of his brain stem.  Not even top hospitals in CT could agree how to reach it even for a sample.  Time for a trip to Mass General.  Despite the obstacles and a thought of a bad outcome here, a brilliant young neurosurgeon at Mass General took charge, reached the mass, and determined it was not cancer.  It was treated with steroid-type drugs, it went away and never returned.  This doctor was truly compassionate, and his work in one case was written up in Boston newspapers.

Is there anyway this man could possibly go to Boston for a consultation?  No miracles are guaranteed, but I have the greatest esteem for the hospitals there. All my prayers for him.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT   God be with your mother, you and your family. He obviously is.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT @I am going to send his family all of your info and hope that they can find a way to make it happen.Right now he is very sick in hospitals so I don’t know if he can travel.I am praying for him to have a miracle too.Maybe his doctors will contact Mass General for some guidance....so so sad.